optimal OBS settings with 4670k at 4ghz for league

Im running an 4670k at 4ghz and am planning on streaming league 

upload is not an issue. can someone list some of the key settings and at which value i should put them?

Thanks for the responses

What GPU? Also, what resolution and stuff like that

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Every cpu overclocks differently. So those " key Settings " won't be doable.

You'll have to play with it until you find that perfect sweet spot.

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

Have you installed OBS yet? I hear a lot of the development is focused on OBS multiplatform, if you haven't installed it yet.

GTX 980 Ti / 5820k / 16 GB DDR4 / 500 GB SSD / ATH-M50X

Im running an 4670k at 4ghz and am planning on streaming league 

upload is not an issue. can someone list some of the key settings and at which value i should put them?

Thanks for the responses

need to know your gpu

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Are you using a Nvidia GPU? If you have a decent PC laying around or a laptop you can set up an RTMP server and stream through that.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Are you using a Nvidia GPU? If you have a decent PC laying around or a laptop you can set up an RTMP server and stream through that.

got a 980ti but shadowplay only supports 720p

use obs with nvenc

you can record at 1080p at 60fps..tho I don't really recommend it

1080p at 30fps is enough

use obs with nvenc

you can record at 1080p at 60fps..tho I don't really recommend it

1080p at 30fps is enough

could i do it with an i7?

could i do it with an i7?

you don't use the cpu

you use the gpu for the encoding

you don't use the cpu

you use the gpu for the encoding

if i use the h.something codec i´d use the cpu right? thats why im asking

if i use the h.something codec i´d use the cpu right? thats why im asking

you still record to h264 with gpu encoding

Good Good, but do you have a spare PC or Laptop laying around with a good CPU?

You can set up a RTMP server and use that to stream.

MAIN PC -> Game and uses NVENC to encode video at 20,000Bitrate

Streaming PC(RTMP Server) -> Receives a 20,000bitrate stream ,over your local network, from the MAIN PC and RE-ENCODES the 20,0000bitrate video to something twitch friendly like 3000bitrate video.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Good Good, but do you have a spare PC or Laptop laying around with a good CPU?

You can set up a RTMP server and use that to stream.

MAIN PC -> Game and uses NVENC to encode video at 20,000Bitrate

Streaming PC(RTMP Server) -> Receives a 20,000bitrate stream ,over your local network, from the MAIN PC and RE-ENCODES the 20,0000bitrate video to something twitch friendly like 3000bitrate video.

i´d have to build one from part lying around :^) would an old intel core quad .2.5ghz  be sufficient for encoding? / could i use something like an old hd 7850 to encode?

i´d have to build one from part lying around :^) would an old intel core quad .2.5ghz  be sufficient for encoding? / could i use something like an old hd 7850 to encode?

just try with the 980ti and nvenc with obs

and see

and see

THat could work too, but using x264 if far better than NVENC. With x264 you can do more with less bitrate, but with NVENC you have to jack up the bitrates to get the same quality which usually ends up over 3000kbps.

You would be running Linux and using the CPU to encode with x264. What model is the Intel Core Quad 2.5? Actually I think I can find the model but just to be sure ;)

THat could work too, but using x264 if far better than NVENC. With x264 you can do more with less bitrate, but with NVENC you have to jack up the bitrates to get the same quality which usually ends up over 3000kbps.

You would be running Linux and using the CPU to encode with x264. What model is the Intel Core Quad 2.5? Actually I think I can find the model but just to be sure ;)

its the q8300 Like pretty old stuff http://ark.intel.com/de/products/39107/Intel-Core2-Quad-Processor-Q8300-4M-Cache-2_50-GHz-1333-MHz-FSB

and see

tried it out 1080 30 works fine 1080 "60" ends up beeing 1080 30-60 (dropping frames ) it also makes my framerate dip to 50 in intensive situations form like 750(<-when im not streaming)

i might just do what u recommended before and use 1080 30

What GPU? Also, what resolution and stuff like that

980ti 1080p preferably 60fps conection is 10 up

What is your upload speed too 

as i mentioned that shouldnt be the issue ( i´ve got stable 9-10 up )

980ti 1080p preferably 60fps conection is 10 up

I don't think you're gonna get 1080p60, but maybe 1080p30

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

You might be able to do 720p 60fps, no harm in trying it out.