India is the most expensive place to buy an iPhone 6S

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Edit : For those who are asking it may just be taxes in India, actually no, samsung phones or anyother smart phones have the same taxes that apple gets and they never are over priced in India.

If apple wanted to dominate indian market who's population of mobile users are next to china if they only sold their phones to appropriate Indian users, the fact iTunes exist in India and has the pricing in Indian rupees but still only accepts Credit card shows that they have no idea what they are dealing with in India. 

The reason apple will never have an audience out side of the america and other European counties who buy the new apple just for sake of it being a new apple is because it's just too expensive to buy them anywhere else around the world. i'm sorry if i have to call out Australian iPhone users for the same. there's dozens of alternative for the same price that just provide more valuable reason to buy an android over the over priced iPhones 

Yes apple has invested in them a lot and should be priced Linus but  pricing them high for the sake of keeping it high is still over priced, atleast outside of US. 

this is the same reason even though apple marketed iPhone 5C as a cheaper devices, it was still way too expensive in India to be sold as a cheap device. 

In addition to launching on October 16, 3 weeks after it was released in much of the western world, the range will cost more in India than any other country, starting out at 62,000 rupees for the 16GB 6S -- that's the equivalent of $955, AU$1,310 or £620 for the entry-level model.

On the other end of the spectrum is the top-of-the-line 128GB 6S Plus, which will cost 92,000 rupees, which converts directly to about $1,415, AU$1,950 or £925. The directly converted full price list, according to various online stores, is below:

post-21562-0-33055200-1444669885.jpg

Using the top and bottom models as reference points, the 16GB 6S costs $649 in America, AU$1,079 in Australia and £540 in the UK. That means Indians are paying $306 more than Americans, AU$231 more than Australians and £80 more than those in the UK.

Meanwhile, Americans pay $949 for the 128GB 6S Plus, a full $466 less than those in India. In Australia it's AU$1,490, AU$460 cheaper, while those in the UK pay £790 -- £135 less than Indians.

Ironically, the high pricing could prove a costly move for Apple, with analysts saying that such expensive smartphones will alienate almost all of its prospective userbase in India. Though Samsung and its Galaxy S flagship devices have a presence in the Indian market (with the S6 starting at around 40,000 rupees -- $615, AU$840 or £400) the most popular smartphones are budget, sub-$200 devices like Chinese handset maker Xiaomi's RedMi range and products made by local brand Micromax.

"Anything above 60,000 rupees is way out of reach for even an average rich urban consumer," -  Neil Shah, research director at Counterpoint Research.

"Apple has done well in its last financial year from October 2014 to September 2015 in India, selling close to 1.7 million units, which is up 55 percent annually, but still only half of the iPhones sold have been iPhone 6 series, which speaks volumes for the price affordability of most of the iPhone fanbase."

When the iPhone 6 series launched in India last year, the 16GB 6 model was priced at 56,000 rupees, which converts to $865, AU$1175 or £565.
In 2012 , it was estimated that the monthly average monthly wage in the country was $215 (AU$290, £140) -- meaning the average citizen would have to use just under five months' worth of their entire salary for the cheapest iPhone 6S.

Prior to pricing being announced for India, France was the most expensive place to buy an iPhone 6S, with the range starting at $845, AU$1,161 or £550.

After launching in the Americas, China, Australia and much of Europe on September 25, the two new iPhones will be available in India, Russia, Greece, Ireland, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and several other countries on October 15. South Korea and Ukraine will follow, getting the devices on October 23.

source : 
http://www.siliconindia.com/gadget/news/India-Most-Expensive-Place-to-Buy-an-iPhone-6s-US-Cheapest-nid-188100.html

http://www.cnet.com/news/india-is-the-most-expensive-place-to-buy-an-iphone-6s/

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

and it only costs like $200 to make

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

one thing to note that there's no contract system in India,so the phones are sold unlocked always and are priced higher. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

iPhones cost too much anywhere IMO. they could easily be $100-$200 less in the states.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Lol, iphone 6S for 550 euro? I'll take two. Where I live, if I were to buy and iPhone 6s today 16GB memory it will cost me 800 euro (900 usd). So yeah. The 6S plus is 970 euro.

EDIT: And Americans paid 949$ USD for the most expensive model? It's 1350$ USD for the 6S 128GB model here.

E2vP0lo.png

10 795:- Swedish Kronor is equal to 1322$ American Dollars.

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

They think they are too high on their horse to price this shit too much to make an Asian sell his kidneys just for a smartassphone.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

This just in,  India has become the biggest country to market Kidney,Lungs & Liver

Ron-Burgundy.jpg

in other newws, No cure for stupidity yet been found..

Details separate people.

You do realise this is india's problem because of taxes, and not apples fault, right?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Probably even less, prodcution cost goes like 90% material 10% employees

You do realise this is india's problem because of taxes, and not apples fault, right?

not completely, if that was the case people would have said the same thing about samsung phones sold in India. but they don't because it's not. apple products have always been costlier in India for no apparent reason and the tax for electronics is 4-14%. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

in other newws, No cure for stupidity yet been found..

its possible to learn scepticism and rational thinking

so education

do i get a nobel for scyence and peas?

Lol, iphone 6S for 550 euro? I'll take two. Where I live, if I were to buy and iPhone 6s today 16GB memory it will cost me 800 euro (900 usd). So yeah. The 6S plus is 970 euro.

EDIT: And Americans paid 949$ USD for the most expensive model? It's 1350$ USD for the 6S 128GB model here.

10 795:- Swedish Kronor is equal to 1322$ American Dollars.

128GB 6S Plus, which will cost 92,000 rupees, which converts directly to about $1,415, AU$1,950 or £925 + TAX

Spoiler
Spoiler

PCPartPicker 

Raw material and production cost isn't the entire story. R&D, support, and marketing are just a few more of the many things that go into the cost of the device.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Raw material and production cost isn't the entire story. R&D, support, and marketing are just a few more of the many things that go into the cost of the device.

they make tonne of money tho, apple is registered in tax haven and they sell so much that rnd and marketing dont cost so much per phone.

Doesn't the iPhone have a huge presence outside the US? I know the Koreans love Apple even though Korea is heavily nationalistic and usually prefers to buy things from their own country (Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc).

Probably even less, prodcution cost goes like 90% material 10% employees

Few things should be mentioned. If you want to sell your phones in Europe for instance, you have to pass different tests for every device you plan on selling when compared to US (afaik some also depend from cuontry to country). Then there are taxes, licenses (not those for passing tests), yada yada yada, transport to countries (which afaik also Apple has to pay).

Some things here may have changed, but I'm talking in general here. Those things are most of the time not considered as production costs but they cost a lot of money. No, a ton of money. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.