ASUS VS239H-P 23 and... sunglasses?

Skip#7

So I had a curious thing happen to me recently.

I have 2 ASUS VS239H-P 23 monitors, but they were purchased at separate times and from separate vendors.  I got one from Frys, and one from Amazon.

I have them hooked up to a Nvidia 980.  One using HDMI, and one using DVI.

I bought a pair of polarized sunglasses a few weeks ago.  I walk into my room recently and I notice that the one purchased from Amazon  blacks out when I look directly, and lightens up depending on the angle of my head.  The one I purchased from Fry's just looks normal(darker because of sunglasses of course) no matter what angle i'm at.  They are both the same model#, their menus say the identical things, my receipts say they are the same model number, and are supposed to have IPS displays.

Is it the DVI part causing this?  Do they actually not have the same IPS display technology?  I do not understand, but I'm worried there was a mix up and one of them doesn't have IPS somehow.  Did one of these vendors screw me over?

So I had a curious thing happen to me recently.

I have 2 ASUS VS239H-P 23 monitors, but they were purchased at separate times and from separate vendors.  I got one from Frys, and one from Amazon.

I have them hooked up to a Nvidia 980.  One using HDMI, and one using DVI.

I bought a pair of polarized sunglasses a few weeks ago.  I walk into my room recently and I notice that the one purchased from Amazon  blacks out when I look directly, and lightens up depending on the angle of my head.  The one I purchased from Fry's just looks normal(darker because of sunglasses of course) no matter what angle i'm at.  They are both the same model#, their menus say the identical things, my receipts say they are the same model number, and are supposed to have IPS displays.

Is it the DVI part causing this?  Do they actually not have the same IPS display technology?  I do not understand, but I'm worried there was a mix up and one of them doesn't have IPS somehow.  Did one of these vendors screw me over?

Probably just different panel revisions with the polarizers in different orientations. Doesn't really have to do with the panel technology (IPS, TN, etc.). Try looking at the other monitor with your head sideways.

Ha.

That was it.

Do you know if this would affect the usability of Gunnar glasses?  

Ha.

That was it.

Do you know if this would affect the usability of Gunnar glasses?

I'm pretty sure Gunnars are not polarized. You should be fine using them with both monitors.

I used to be quite active here.