Hard Drive Problem! Please Help

Pkevin

My Sata 1 TB seagate Hard-drive suddenly is responding very slow when opening my files/folders.. it was ok yesterday and then when i opened my computer my slave hard drive (1tb sata seagate) is responding very slow.. and then i tried restarting and some files seemed to be corupted and cant be opened.. i hope you understand

Download this http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-e.html

And provide me with a screenshot of the results

CPU: i7-4790k || Mobo: MSI Gaming 5 Z97|| Ram: GSkill Ripjaws X 16GB (2x8GB) || GPU: Sapphire Tri-X r9 390x || Case: CoolerMaster cm storm scout 2 || Storage: samsung evo 850 500GB , WD Black 3TB , WD Green 2TB , WD 1TB external (backups/Media) , Seagate 1TB external (Backups) || PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80+ GOLD || Displays: Samsung C24FG70 , Dell U2414H || Keyboard: Logitech G810 || Mouse: Logitech G502 proteus spectrum || Headset: Logitech G633

I would try to open Powershell as administrator and then use the following command: chkdsk /r X:

The X is whatever drive is being problematic. So if it's the D drive, the command looks like this: chkdsk /r D:

This will scan the hdd for any errors and try to repair them.

When that's done (and everything is fine/been repaired) try defragmenting.

This is no guarantee but the chkdsk command has saved me a few times in the past. (Like when I plugged an external hdd out before a transfer was finished. I managed to save both HDDs with chkdsk)

That would be my first bet if the harddrive is slow. Otherwise you could check for viruses etc too but if all other drives are fine then it may not be that...

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

I would say, just get ready a new hard drive. Everytime i suspect and try to check my hard drive, it just kills of the HDD...

I think the problem is on the way you pull the H-Drive plug. My previous flashdrives also experienced the same trauma. Their spaces became too compact, providing smaller allowance in space. Another thing to consider is how efficient your antivirusarrow-10x10.png is. Your H-Drive could have gotten easily infected.Some harddrives when not defragmented could be susceptible to viruses and malware. Otherwise better switch your hard drive. It also happened on my first Verbatim harddrive. I brought it to my neighbor computer technician and he said I better replace it with something new and quite genuine. Better consider the brand too. Hope this helped you. XOXO Brother hahahaha!

-科罗内尔

"Sleep is for the weak, so I just nap."

I think the problem is on the way you pull the H-Drive plug. My previous flashdrives also experienced the same trauma. Their spaces became too compact, providing smaller allowance in space. Another thing to consider is how efficient your antivirus is. Your H-Drive could have gotten easily infected.Some harddrives when not defragmented could be susceptible to viruses and malware. Otherwise better switch your hard drive. It also happened on my first Verbatim harddrive. I brought it to my neighbor computer technician and he said I better replace it with something new and quite genuine. Better consider the brand too. Hope this helped you. XOXO Brother hahahaha!

-科罗内尔

"Sleep is for the weak, so I just nap."

My Sata 1 TB seagate Hard-drive suddenly is responding very slow when opening my files/folders.. it was ok yesterday and then when i opened my computer my slave hard drive (1tb sata seagate) is responding very slow.. and then i tried restarting and some files seemed to be corupted and cant be opened.. i hope you understand

Hey there Pkevin,

I'd also suggest to check the health of your drive as these may as well be signs of it failing. Backup is a must as soon as possible to prevent possible data loss. Do check the manufacture's website for a diagnostic tool. You can also post your S.M.A.R.T. status here so we can give you further details about your drive. 
Check if the drive hits 100% load in the resource manager. Are other parts hitting 100% usage? 
It may be a good idea to check all your cables and ports if everything is plugged firmly and properly in place. Check the drive in other ports with other cables and if possible on another computer and see how it performs and if the problems persist.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/