Csgo server build

I am looking to build a csgo server computer that would be capable of four servers with at least 20 people in each. I was wondering if the Xeon E3-1220v3 would be enough for this task? csgo servers appear to run mainly single threaded so 1 core per server. I am willing to spend $100 more if necessary for a cpu. I was also wondering since this is a server and I can just ssh into it will I need any gpu? Thanks to any help.

get a quad core xeon with integrated graphics, 4-8GB ram, fitting mobo.

as for storage: just a decent hard drive would do.

and make sure to get a high quality PSU, because some stuff just isnt made to run 24/7

--

that said - you might not want to have 80 clients worth of cs:go server at home, so unless you have a buisiness grade connection (and potentially DDoS protection...) i wouldnt do that at home.

consider renting a dedicated server from a datacenter, theres a lot reasonably priced options out there to choose from.

Internet will not be an issue, running the server on business class internet on a separate line then my home internet I'm not sure about ddos protection and will try and figure that out with some reserch.

so would something like a xeon e3-1246v3 be strong enough?

If i do have issues with hosting a csgo server for 80 clients I have plenty of other uses possible for this build. the main purpose of this build is just to learn and make a tool for the future.

I am looking to build a csgo server computer that would be capable of four servers with at least 20 people in each. I was wondering if the Xeon E3-1220v3 would be enough for this task? csgo

So what's your budget?

Unless there's some GPU acceleration in the software you probably don't need anything other than a cheap GPU or integrated grahics

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

So what's your budget?

Unless there's some GPU acceleration in the software you probably don't need anything other than a cheap GPU or integrated grahics

keeping it as low as possible is good but $1000. I have $500 on hand. there is no gpu acceleration so that's good.

really my only concern right now is just finding a cpu that can handle what i want with some wiggle room.

keeping it as low as possible is good but $1000. I have $500 on hand. there is no gpu acceleration so that's good.

Info at least from a quick google search seems to be hard to find

I guess you want 1 core per server with 1gb per server?

And each server only makes use of a single core? So if you aren't going to run too many servers, maybe just grab a skylake unlocked i5 with some solid cooling on it like an HR-22 and OC it a fair amount?

So since it seems you'd want a faster core rather than more cores, your other options would be an i7 6700, or potentially even the ever lovable work horse of an 8320e, which is fairly cheap, but I don't think a Xeon is going to be the best option here

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

I guess you want 1 core per server with 1gb per server?

from what I can find 500mb per server should be enough but ill be putting in 1 gb per server just in case.

the reason I was choosing this specific xeon was because it had four cores(matching up to my 1 core per server)

however if the 8320e is enough for 20 people per server I have an extra motherboard laying around that can fit this cpu and that would save cost.

from what I can find 500mb per server should be enough but ill be putting in 1 gb per server just in case.

the reason I was choosing this specific xeon was because it had four cores(matching up to my 1 core per server)

however if the 8320e is enough for 20 people per server I have an extra motherboard laying around that can fit this cpu and that would save cost.

So 4 servers with 20 people each.

I guess what tick rate were you aiming for?

Because in that case you'll want to probably go with an i7 since it's faster per core than the xeons for said server

I was going to say an i5, but I don't think you'd have any room left to keep the base OS running really, but I don't know if that would be an issue or not in the end, servers are really my thing exactly.

Plus if you get an 8 core while you're at it you'll have some cores left over for a media server

Spoiler