Need 3 best of the best monitors for racing setup

di4medollaz

Im about to buy a obutto gaming cockpit frame and all the accesories http://obutto.com/gaming-cockpits/r3volution-gaming-cockpit/ post-82048-0-47227700-1444440090.pngpost-82048-0-65018600-1444440097_thumb.j

I already have a MSI Twin frozr GTX 980 Sli gaming pc with a i7 cpu and DDR4 ram and have all the proper gaming keyboard and mouse and am ordering a Fantec racing wheel.

All i need is the 3 monitors and mountable speakers. So whats the best of the best gaming monitors money can buy "with or without g-sync"  and whats the highest resolution monitors that a GTX 980 Sli can get away with? im gonna play fps , rpg's racing sims ect ect.  Also i find the super high end monitors like the Acer Predator Z35 seem too have pretty thick bezels for triple monitor setups.

Im willing to spend $4000 on the 3 monitors so i want something insane.  THANKS

Im not sure about what a GTX 980 SLI can run but I've seen triple monitor setups with the Dell U2715H monitors and they look pretty nice. Each monitor is 1440p so idk if you want higher or not.

Edit: Dan's probably right...

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

LG34UM97-C Similar to what Linus did in the gaming cockpit vid. only this time curved

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

i just posted pics of what abouts i want it too look like. And ya i agree that curved monitors look sweet but its slim pickings for top end gaming ones isnt it?

My top of the line UN65JS9500 samsung curved tv is insanity. Its only 26 ms lag time for games but i want 1 ms for gaming on pc

ASUS PG279Q when it releases? I don't think you want triple ultrawides, it's unrealistic when you see it in person.

Ya maybe youre right? has anyone seen triple ultrawides in person?  also that PG279Q looks real nice

and Dan Castellaneta What do you mean by tv's?

Hi All,

First post. Coming out of lurk mode lol.

With that budget and your system build, i would go with either the ASUS PG279q or ACER XB271. The only thing the acer has over asus is there zero bezel design which is great for trip screen setups. Only issue is depending on the game you wont be getting the full potential out of these monitors with out making scarifies to the graphics quality.

ACER XB270H1080p 144hz gsync is also an option since you would be able to hit those frame rates easier across all titles in triple screen. 

Benq XL2720 & XL2730 are good options for 144hz 1080p or 1440p Non gsync. But since you have nvidia and that budget you might as well invest in gsync.

I would leave TV's out of the equation cause your limited to 60hz, and 27" x3 is more then enough screen real estate. 

Ultrawide curve displays look amazing but i wouldnt suggest it for triple screen for sim racing. They will not achieve the proper FOV(field of view) which if setup properly makes the biggest difference in sim racing. Personally i also feel triple screen ultra wide is to much screen real estate to look at lol. Triple screen in general for me is only used for sim games, things like FPS gives me a headache and is distracting seeing things in your peripheral vision.

You have a tough choice and hope your happy with whatever it is you decide to go with. Look forward to your setup. 

Sim racing is what got me into building my first PC. Originally i just played console racing with my rim wheel setup, but always wanted more ie trip screen, vibration and iracing.

That second picture inspired me for my sim racing rig :) my monitors are AOC i2769vm 1080p overclocked to 75hz. not the best but it does get the job done and its what i could afford lol. i plan on adding a fourth monitor on top most likely ASUS PG279Q or the ACER XB271 and making a custom mount where i can pull it down and closer to me for single monitor gaming. 

IMAG1157_zps7b73ace7.jpg

IMAG0190_zps8bteqonf.jpg

Oculus or VR would be a great option. The only issue would be use of your peripherals, you wouldnt be able to see wheel, shifter, button box, etc. Theres also other issues like motion sickness, prolong periods of use could be taxing, having the weight of that thing on your head lol, i wouldnt really know though since ive never tried it. 

• 2 months later...

Ok im back with a update and need more help. I got the racing cockpit and all the accesories and speakers but i still havent got the 3 monitors cause im stuck on what too do.

Just to clarify i dont really care for racing sims , im still gonna get a good wheel and pedals but i mostly play RPG'S and FPS and the reason why im building such a intense setup is this

I bought a $8000 top of the line Samsung JS9500 65 inch 4k SUHD nano crystal Full led array tv for my bedroom and i thought the crazy picture and the 22ms would be great but i dont like always sitting on my bed when gaming and when i went over to a friends his 32 inch gaming monitor looked insane and i hear that the 1ms monitors are way better for gaming and i like the gaming cockpits comfortable chair and being able too have all my peripherals at my fingertips but the 1 HUGE con too me seems like a 28 inch monitor just seems so small too play on.

I figure 3 1440p monitors on MSI GTX 980 sli would be good for next gen gaming and the low response time couple with gsync and the comfortable set up in a dedicated gaming room is the way to go. 

Im now stuck on wich monitors too get BAD! I looked at the Acer XB271HU G-sync Predator XB1 Series and a few othe monitors but some of them run $1600 canadian a monitor lol. That seems crazy unless they are unreal in quality.

I just want 3 monitors that will go good with my Obutto cockpit and be awsome for gaming and have low response time , any help would be good.

Ps i cant even max out Fallout 4 on 4k ultra settings without dipping bad in frame rates so the day pascal comes out im getting it in Sli so take that into account