Need of New Router

Stigs

Hi guys. Haven't posted in a little while, but I need help....again, as always.  Anyway, I have a 2-3 year old Netgear router at home (I forget the model number) and a few weeks ago, the range of the router dropped significantly as well as the speed.  The range used to reach most of the house excluding 1 room, and the speed was 28mbps download and 5mbps upload (it's because that's what we pay for at home because Optimum sucks).  Now the range only reaches the hallway outside the room that the router is in and the speed has dropped by about 4-8mbps. 

I'm looking for a new router for $125 or under.  Wireless N (AC is nice, but not needed and probably out of my price range for a decent one).  Our router is in our basement in our "office" room.  The router has to be here for our wired desktop so we don't need to put wires through a wall. The signal would need to go up about 15 ft and across the house about 50 ft or so. It would go through 2 walls and a ceiling.  I understand that a wall is a setback for any router, but the last one handled it fine until it starts giving us a problem two weeks ago.

TL;DR:  Looking for a new wireless N router for $125. range of 50 ft and 2 stories.

Thanks for the help!

Hi guys. Haven't posted in a little while, but I need help....again, as always.  Anyway, I have a 2-3 year old Netgear router at home (I forget the model number) and a few weeks ago, the range of the router dropped significantly as well as the speed.  The range used to reach most of the house excluding 1 room, and the speed was 28mbps download and 5mbps upload (it's because that's what we pay for at home because Optimum sucks).  Now the range only reaches the hallway outside the room that the router is in and the speed has dropped by about 4-8mbps. 

I'm looking for a new router for $125 or under.  Wireless N (AC is nice, but not needed and probably out of my price range for a decent one).  Our router is in our basement in our "office" room.  The router has to be here for our wired desktop so we don't need to put wires through a wall. The signal would need to go up about 15 ft and across the house about 50 ft or so. It would go through 2 walls and a ceiling.  I understand that a wall is a setback for any router, but the last one handled it fine until it starts giving us a problem two weeks ago.

TL;DR:  Looking for a new wireless N router for $125. range of 50 ft and 2 stories.

Thanks for the help!

Try a full reset or look for firmware updates. 

Otherwise:

http://www.amazon.com/RT-N66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-N900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B006QB1RPY

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Ok. I'll try that, but I'm pretty sure we need a new one (I reset it not that long ago).

Good luck :)

Also, if you have t-Mobile, you can get tghis for free/ or $99:

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200