Better photo viewer to use in place of windows 10 default?

HeyKitty

So I've always used windows photo viewer but windows 10 photo app is killing me. Is there a better free alternative?

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Irfanview, Picasa and many others.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

I use irfanview, it's fine and also gives you very basic function (i.e. cropping, compression...) 

It doesn't appear to handle very high resolutions or scaling too well, though. 

My vote goes to Irfanview as well. The website looks like crap  Requires some (quite a lot) of tweaking to be great, but totally worth it. It has a ton of features and customization options, is really lightweight (both in terms of RAM and storage at a mere ~2MB, compared to the Windows Photo app that takes up like 60MB) supports a ton of formats and has some great plugins for things like batch conversion.

I have heard lots of good things about Honeyview as well. but I haven't tried it.

I use XNView - it doesn't do much in the way of editing, but I have yet to find an image it can't open.

Moved to Operating Systems and Software

HTTP/2 203