Weird boot up black screen issue.

KerbalPhysicist

Hi!

So I recently upgraded my laptop to windows 10 (HP pavilion DV7-6135dx), and though it doesnt have any drivers via HP, AMD, and the other brands of the parts all have drivers for it, and it runs fine. But the weird thing is, Whenever I boot it up (But not when I bring it out of sleep) It shows the windows logo and swirling balls, but then it sits at a black screen for 1-2 minutes before bringing up the login screen. I have an SSD as my boot drive, its the same one thats in my main pc, but my main pc doesnt have the problem, and boots in like 20 seconds. So I assumed that it might be the video drivers, because it has switchable graphics between a radeon card and the intel HD graphics. I set it to fixed switch mode in the bios so that it only changes when you plug in the power or unplug it, but no dice. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem? I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me. 

Thanks in advance!

-Sam

EDIT: I forgot to add that the problem didn't occur in windows 7.

The latest AMD beta drivers have a black screen issue on the windows 10 start screen atm.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -

The latest AMD beta drivers have a black screen issue on the windows 10 start screen atm.

Im using the latest stable, not the beta, but I'll manually reinstall the drivers to see.

Im using the latest stable, not the beta, but I'll manually reinstall the drivers to see.

So I installed the newest stable driver (15.7 I think) and the problem still persists. Do I wait it out till a new driver comes out? or do I go back to 7 till a new driver comes out?

So I installed the newest stable driver (15.7 I think) and the problem still persists. Do I wait it out till a new driver comes out? or do I go back to 7 till a new driver comes out?

You could try the beta drivers despite the black screen boot issue.

- CPU: Intel i7 3770 - GPU: MSI R9 390 - RAM: 16GB of DDR3 - SSD: Crucial BX100 - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB -