From scratch new Pc (gaming / everything else)

Linerider99

I am planning on building a new pc from scratch (nothing I have now will carry over expect 2 HDD + OS but I plan on buying a new set of storage + OS later ie 1tb HHD and a smaller SSD for a few programs + OS)

FIRST THING FIRST IM GOING FOR A BLACK AND GREEN BUILD

1. Budget & Location

my current list of parts is somewhere around 650USD to 700USD but coming under budget is always a plus lol

2. Aim

This will be a gaming rig for almost any game as well as some coding programs like visual studios (not that much power is needed now, but later I might need more power for bigger programs) as well as general everyday use

3. Monitors

Currently I have a single 50" HDTV that I'm using HMDI and have thought about multiple monitors but that will be WAY LATER down the road

4. Peripherals

I just bought a new mouse (green LED with a few action buttons)

I'm looking to also get a Blackwiddow Croma Stealth edition

Also have a set of turtle beach headset (wired) and I really like

5. Why are you upgrading?

My current rig (was built mostly for a server by a friend) has a HD 5670 and 2.4 g cpu with 4 gb ram and my screen crashes often, and it's always "kinda-random" I'll be on YouTube and it will SOMTIMES crash, opening Skype, browsing the web, doing nothing while I delving at the desktop with no extra programs in the background

And most games I'm LUCKY if I get a smooth 15-30 frames

So I am upgrading

As I said at the start of this post I'm going with a green and black theme build, that said, I'm building my rig AROUND a GTX 970 100ME edtion (black and green)

I have already bought a power supply for a great deal it is a XTX 750W power supply

I plan on buying a FX - 6300 CPU 3.5ghz (4.0 boost) with some sort of corsair water cooler (possibly a H series)

RAM will be 2 x 4GB corsair vangance RAM (will probably take the plastic shroud off and spray paint green at some time)

The case will be a corsair carbide SPEC - 3 (white LED) with added / changed LED to green

The mother board......... WAS GOING TO BE A gigabyte AMD AM3+ GA-970-DS3P(rev 2.0) BUT!!! Due to the low ratings and comments about not handling OC very well I'm thinking about another MOBO and the fact it's not green and black

Does anyone know of a AMD AM3+ MOBO that has a green / black theme or a green / silver or any kind of green theme?

Lastly my storage, as I stated above I have 2 HDD right now and I'm planning on moving them over to my new build for now... But I do plan on upgrading (sometime soon) to a SSD for my OS and few games / programs I use everyday something like a 120 or similar sized SSD

If anyone has better suggestions on my current list please feel free to suggest as I have only bought the power supply (as of 10/9/15) and I plan on buying most of these (if not all) on Black Friday / cyber Monday 11/27-30/15

@Linerider99

I see you're anal about colors. That's not a good thing.

You can always plasti-dip your parts. Don't just buy the color you want if you're on a tight budget, cause you'll get less performance for more (in most cases.)

Don't build a PC around a 970, get something like an MSI R9 390 and spray plasti-dip on the red parts.

You should get a better processor if you're gonna do stuff other than games. i5-4690k?

Making a build for you now. Not including PSU since you have one. What case do you like?

EDIT- Nobody really makes green mobos anymore. (That I know of..)

Here you go- http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dv7MkL - It's $750, but since you're already waiting till the end of November to buy the parts you can also just wait for sales on these parts.

The i5 will get you much farther when it comes to gaming, and will most likely last you more than two years of gaming fun.

The MSI Radeon R9 390 is a very good GPU (better than that aftermarket 970,) and you can just take the plastic part off and plasti-dip over the red parts (which there's only 1 of.)

You already plan to color the Corsair Vengeance RAM, I added that in there.

The Gigabyte GA-Z97-HD3 is a great ATX board. I couldn't find ANY good boards that were all black, most are very expensive (like the one Linus colored in that one video.) Lots of features and good OC potential.

The H80i is in there if you want a good watercooler without going over $100 USD, you don't need it unless you're gonna OC immediately after you get your parts and it's expensive.

And I got the SPEC-03 in there, I didn't get a price though for the white LED one.

EDIT- I found a Z97 board that's green, but it's almost $300.

I used to be quite active here.

An i5 for gaming will perform better than the fx 6300

here is what i would suggest you, given that you already have a 2TB hdd

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($164.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($56.60 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($38.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380 4GB PCS+ Video Card  ($203.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 Red ATX Mid Tower Case  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec HCG M 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $684.53
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-09 17:45 EDT-0400

The site has changed....