Trying to Download Something that I Don't Want to?

The Cool n00B
Go to solution Solved by Textosterone,

if malware bytes says it bad. Most likely its bad.

So I just logged into Windows today. I haven't been on in a couple days, since I do a lot of stuff on my 1-to-1 macbook from school. Anyway, I got on today and Windows did its typical thang, mainly just Steam, Spotify, and uTorrent (I don't torrent anything illegal, so shut up) starting when I get to the desktop. I have this application called GetRight since it makes my downloads a little faster and also it allows me to download large files over my shit internet connection. Anyway, GetRight kept spamming me because it though I tried to download a file, which I didn't. It said the file was coming from us-e-node7.smartyads.com. I stopped GetRight via the task manager, but now my desktop is getting spammed with the same thing, it just looks different. I'm currently running Malwarebytes. It's detected 23 threats out of 70k files, and it's not done. Here are screenshots:

V6Ka7YA.png

BYZsKSl.png

EDIT: Malwarebytes says it's non-malware, but there's "PUP.HackTool.Agent", "PUP.Optional.OpenCandy", and "PUP.Optional.Amonetize"

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

Get a Virtual Machine Running!

Because he had a hard drive.

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

I deleted all of the files it detected, but not the registry keys it detected. I restarted. Seems like it's gone now, probably should've waited for the scan to finish to post the thread but it seems like you're right.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs