Need closed back portable cans

STRMfrmXMN

So I've been getting ear infections from earbuds as of recent and I need to get headphones for the bus. I have large ears that hate on ears so none of those are options. I've worn Sennheiser Momentums and even the over-ear versions were too small for my ears.

SO outline:

$100 USD

Over ear

Need good sound isolation (closed)

Needs to be portable - I'll take these everywhere with me.

Fits large ears

EDIT: Most of the time I'll be plugging these into an iPhone 5S but very rarely I'll use a portable DAC (like with a laptop or shitty school PC)

I've worn ATH M50s and didn't like the smashing amounts of bass and the narrow soundstage as well as how small the earpads were. I could put Brainwavz leather pads on them to remedy this but I still don't like the sound signature that much. It isn't a huge deal at this price but I would definitely like options. I also would probably get the M30X instead of the M50s because of price.

What should I be looking at?

Thanks.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Shure srh 440?

I have the M30x and the cable is very cumbersome to deal with even after braiding it.

I mean, portable and large earcups don't really go together. The Shure SRH440 as mentioned is an option; you can get a bit more room in the cups with the 840 pads I believe, but then you're over budget.

I mean, the Takstar Pro 80 with some Brainwavz pads wouldn't be a bad choice...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I mean, the Takstar Pro 80 with some Brainwavz pads wouldn't be a bad choice...

They're basically Hyper X Clouds right? Considering it however...

Shure srh 440?

I have the M30x and the cable is very cumbersome to deal with even after braiding it.

I mean, portable and large earcups don't really go together. The Shure SRH440 as mentioned is an option; you can get a bit more room in the cups with the 840 pads I believe, but then you're over budget.

I definitely like the Shures based on what I have seen.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Philips Citiscape Uptown - Owned one of thse and they are fantastically great . i had to give them away because i was going bald from using them too much ( no joke ! ) 

The only gripe i had was the volume control . 

Koss Dj200 - who wanted a portable headphone and be like a Dj , its you ! 

I-mego throne - want dat bling bling and style-ish look while at the same time have great sound ? look no further ! 

this was all i can muster from my intel .

P.s ; extra sugguestion : Urbanears Zinken . look up the reviews your self and decide . 

(⌐■_■) 

Philips Citiscape Uptown - Owned one of thse and they are fantastically great . i had to give them away because i was going bald from using them too much ( no joke ! ) 

The only gripe i had was the volume control . 

Koss Dj200 - who wanted a portable headphone and be like a Dj , its you ! 

I-mego throne - want dat bling bling and style-ish look while at the same time have great sound ? look no further ! 

this was all i can muster from my intel .

P.s ; extra sugguestion : Urbanears Zinken . look up the reviews your self and decide . 

Unfortunately most of those are not available in the US :/ I like the Phillips the most but like I said, no US option. The Koss are a bit small for my ears and the others are just too bling-y for my taste. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Unfortunately most of those are not available in the US :/ I like the Phillips the most but like I said, no US option. The Koss are a bit small for my ears and the others are just too bling-y for my taste. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Then look for them in the US retail stores .  the Imego ones can be brought via the web and they to ship to US . 

same with the zinken on Urbanears official webstore . 

and Koss , Fun fact : koss is an AMERICAN headphone company , so my question is why da hell can u not get the koss dj200 headphones if the company itsef is based in US ?! 

Just look at the american amazon and im pretty sure you will find the sugguestions.

ANYWAY , thanks and stay groovie :D

(⌐■_■) 

So I've been getting ear infections from earbuds as of recent and I need to get headphones for the bus. I have large ears that hate on ears so none of those are options. I've worn Sennheiser Momentums and even the over-ear versions were too small for my ears.

SO outline:

$100 USD

Over ear

Need good sound isolation (closed)

Needs to be portable - I'll take these everywhere with me.

Fits large ears

EDIT: Most of the time I'll be plugging these into an iPhone 5S but very rarely I'll use a portable DAC (like with a laptop or shitty school PC)

I've worn ATH M50s and didn't like the smashing amounts of bass and the narrow soundstage as well as how small the earpads were. I could put Brainwavz leather pads on them to remedy this but I still don't like the sound signature that much. It isn't a huge deal at this price but I would definitely like options. I also would probably get the M30X instead of the M50s because of price.

What should I be looking at?

Thanks.

Maybe Marshall Monitor?

http://www.amazon.com/Marshall-Headphones-M-ACCS-00152-Monitor-Black/dp/B00D3ITOHG

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Oooh, those look intertesting!

They're on my list to look at!

I actually own a pair of Marshall Monitors and the earcups are even smaller than the ones found on the M30X.

It sounds pretty veiled IMO, it's like being in a cardboard box. 

I actually own a pair of Marshall Monitors and the earcups are even smaller than the ones found on the M30X.

Yeah, I've heard a few things about those cans being somewhat disappointing... Too bad too, because they look pretty cool.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I've been looking at these Brainwavz HM5 clones, watched a review and actually am really considering them. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0093PVTPS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=13HVG6K3EZAEGQDE1CZA&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

Those are rather large for portable use.

As I'm looking through my options I'm starting to care less and less....

Yeah, I've heard a few things about those cans being somewhat disappointing... Too bad too, because they look pretty cool.

Yeah they do look pretty sweet, even that LOL "audiophile grade" phone they made looks pretty dope.

It has a has a volume wheel instead of your standard button set up. 

That's my current home cans.

Here's all the headphones I own

jbubUZyMiKEb6L.jpg

I'd totally rock the NVX in public, but the I'm one of those people who find the Apple earpods extremely comfortable so I use those instead. 

Yeah they do look pretty sweet, even that LOL "audiophile grade" phone they made looks pretty dope.

It has a has a volume wheel instead of your standard button set up. 

That's my current home cans.

Here's all the headphones I own

I'd totally rock the NVX in public, but the I'm one of those people who find the Apple earpods extremely comfortable so I use those instead. 

Geez those NVX are big...

Well I guess that's kinda out of the question....

I think that I might have to go with M30Xs with soft pads :/

Geez those NVX are big...

Well I guess that's kinda out of the question....

I think that I might have to go with M30Xs with soft pads :/

Could still do the Takstar :P

Hey! New SIgnature! 

True but I hate small over-ears (AKA, on-ears). They're just not big enough for my freaking ears.

Why not the Gemini?

They're currently $25 cheaper, unless there are actually some differences I'm not aware off?

I own them.

Amazing comfort.

Rather big.

Huge carry case.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why not the Gemini?

They're currently $25 cheaper, unless there are actually some differences I'm not aware off?

I don't think there is much of a difference between them. I wasn't aware that the Gemini was so much cheaper right now.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I don't think there is much of a difference between them. I wasn't aware that the Gemini was so much cheaper right now.

Oh damn they are a lot cheaper...

I have so many choices AGHHHHH xD