Fallout 4 requirements issue

App4that
Go to solution Solved by CyanideInsanity,

Honestly system requirements like this are useless. Ok, sure they recommend a 4790 paired with a 780. That right there gives us nothing. Is that recommended to play at 1080p60 with ultra settings? Or maybe 1080p60 at medium? Any anti-aliasing? I really wish developers would stop leaving out that important bit of information.

Also, its probably better that they overshoot requirements and have people be happy when they find out the can run it just fine with lesser hardware instead of undershooting requirements and pissing people off when the games runs like ass unless you have top tier hardware.

Not that I didn't trust you but I checked. So it is. Never mind lol

So your flipping your lid over a recommendation, so here is my recommendation to you, take your pc, and be happy you can have something that will at-least run it, if you want better performance then pony up and get it, if you think the recommendation is too high, dont play it, if you want to wait and actually see what your personal preformance is , then wait, or just give me your rig, keep in mind these are recommendations and not requirements.

Its a Championship not a Belt!

So your flipping your lid over a recommendation, so here is my recommendation to you, take your pc, and be happy you can have something that will at-least run it, if you want better performance then pony up and get it, if you think the recommendation is too high, dont play it, if you want to wait and actually see what your personal preformance is , then wait, or just give me your rig, keep in mind these are recommendations and not requirements.

. You reacted to something before looking into it. Which since I don't know if the recommendations changed or I have it wrong and they never had the K listed I really can't talk.

I was told to buy a 4690k by everyone I talked to. I could have got a 4790k but it would have meant I wouldn't have had room for the cooler and would have had to wait to overclock. I've said this. I listened because Bethesda was saying they weren't concentrating on graphics. My mistake and like I have said I'm more mad at myself for not getting the AMD or i7 because I gave into the advice. I made the topic because I still see that advice given.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Dude it just a guideline not bloody a bible even then people dont follow them. 

Magical Pineapples

Bro...
We play on pc, you can play about any game on a potato if need be..

My little brother runs gta 5 on an i5 2320 and a gtx 450, you run a 4690k and a decent graphics card you'll be fine.

There's never been a game that has suffered on a 4690k, especially if you overclock

Higher frame rate over higher resolution.

CPU-i5 4690k -GPU-MSI 970 sli -Mobo-MSI g45 gaming -Memory-16gb crucial ballistix -PSU- EVGA 80+ gold g2 850w -Case- corsair 200r

Monitors- Acer XB240H, Asus ROG Swift, Dell P2815Q 2160p  -Keyboard- Corsair k70 RGB -Mouse- Corsair M65 -Mouse Pad- Glorious Extended Pad -Headphone- BeyerDynamic DT990 250ohm, Senheiser HD 518, Fiio E10k

Who cares about that? Rquirements are never true.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Honestly system requirements like this are useless. Ok, sure they recommend a 4790 paired with a 780. That right there gives us nothing. Is that recommended to play at 1080p60 with ultra settings? Or maybe 1080p60 at medium? Any anti-aliasing? I really wish developers would stop leaving out that important bit of information.

Also, its probably better that they overshoot requirements and have people be happy when they find out the can run it just fine with lesser hardware instead of undershooting requirements and pissing people off when the games runs like ass unless you have top tier hardware.

Yeah, I completely admit to having a melt down. Shouldn't have built a PC for one game, placed too much pressure on me. As it is I have more fun playing games like Mechwarrior and Armored Warfare rather than games with much better graphics like Battlefront. It will be what it is.

I'll make it solved when I'm not on my phone.

Instead of just talking about this to fellow gamers, I just sent a question about this to bethesda support. Doubt I'll get anything concrete but I might as well try, right? I'll report back if I do manage to get any info from it.

Instead of just talking about this to fellow gamers, I just sent a question about this to bethesda support. Doubt I'll get anything concrete but I might as well try, right? I'll report back if I do manage to get any info from it.

Thank You! That is extremely nice of you.

I got a response, and its probably what everyone would expect, nothing. :mellow: Well, at least I tried.

"Greetings,

Honestly, tech support knows as much as the rest of the world when it comes to Fallout 4. So the only thing we have to offer is the minimum and recommended specifications.

I would keep an eye out on www.fallout4.com and http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/288-fallout-4/ for news and updates.

Best regards,
Bethesda Support"

Witcher 3: i7 3770

GTA V: i5 3470

Far Cry 4: i5 2400S

from my perspective no one is listening. Even Battlefront doesn't require a frickin 4790K.

Stop worrying

Metal Gear Solid V recommended an i7 and it runs 60 fps on a core 2 quad

You're getting your panties bunched up over random specs they choose

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

snip

Some devs say

Rockstar says minimums would give you 800x600 lowest setting 20-30fps recommended would give you high 30fps

Witcher said recommended was for 30fps at ultra I think

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Some devs say

Rockstar says minimums would give you 800x600 lowest setting 20-30fps recommended would give you high 30fps

Witcher said recommended was for 30fps at ultra I think

Yeah, I guess there will always be a few who are more thorough. Though it sucks that its not a standard part of listed system requirements...

Yeah, I guess there will always be a few who are more thorough. Though it sucks that its not a standard part of listed system requirements...

I completely agree. Why not trash the system requirements and release a benchmark? Lets you know what settings to use and could get some on the fence of making the purchase pull the trigger once they see the graphics. If the menu of a restaurant listed "possible " cost, no one would say to buy a meal you couldn't afford because it's always an exaggerated price.

yea tell about it when i saw the spec i said what my i7 3930K is no good. i know i have to looking in upgrading mt GPU for sure. cause i have GTX 670 right now.