Fallout 4 requirements issue

App4that
Go to solution Solved by CyanideInsanity,

Honestly system requirements like this are useless. Ok, sure they recommend a 4790 paired with a 780. That right there gives us nothing. Is that recommended to play at 1080p60 with ultra settings? Or maybe 1080p60 at medium? Any anti-aliasing? I really wish developers would stop leaving out that important bit of information.

Also, its probably better that they overshoot requirements and have people be happy when they find out the can run it just fine with lesser hardware instead of undershooting requirements and pissing people off when the games runs like ass unless you have top tier hardware.

What the literal shit.

The system requirements for Fallout 4 are insane, but what worse is the reaction to them, or lack there of. I've seen articles online making the Quote "not as bad as Battlefield ", when the requirements for Fallout are MUCH harder than Battlefield. Is everyone skipping over the 330usd CPU needed to run Fallout at high settings? No one remembers the projected requirement of an i3? Now a i3 doesn't even meet the minimum? What am I missing? How is anyone who doesn't have a 330usd friggen CPU not pissed with me?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

SNIP

Game requirements are 99% bullshit 99% of the time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Game requirements are 99% bullshit 99% of the time

But this isn't saying you need an i7 like Witcher, this is saying you need the best 4th gen Intel processor made, and even then you have to overclock because it's the unlocked version. They don't list the non K as acceptable.

What the literal shit.

The system requirements for Fallout 4 are insane, but what worse is the reaction to them, or lack there of. I've seen articles online making the Quote "not as bad as Battlefield ", when the requirements for Fallout are MUCH harder than Battlefield. Is everyone skipping over the 330usd CPU needed to run Fallout at high settings? No one remembers the projected requirement of an i3? Now a i3 doesn't even meet the minimum? What am I missing? How is anyone who doesn't have a 330usd friggen CPU not pissed with me?

recommended fx-9590 huh? 

240$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113347

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Well the minimum is actually quite mild, as that CPU about equals to a Haswell i3.

The i7 recommended is probably quite bollocks and CPU wont matter a whole lot. Haswell i5's will probably do just as good as the i7 recommended.

Bethesda games are usually a bit more CPU based than GPU

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

THAT, is the reason for my visceral reaction to the requirements. I had that very CPU picked out. But no, I listened to everyone who said AMDs are not good for gaming and that I should get a 4690K. So I'm slightly bent out of shape and just as mad at myself for not sticking to what I had picked out.

The i3-6300t for Battlefront seems like it would be on par with the old i5-2300. I could be wrong, but I'm confident they're similar.

The i7 they recommend is probably because the game is open-world, not like Battlefront. There's more stuff going on in those kinds of games than in FPS's I would imagine.

Nothing wrong here.

Only thing I see that's flat out retarded is how they're saying shit like "Thankfully, these are more reasonable than those for Battlefront and my PC should do the job, which is excellent news." (from PCGamer) when they're almost similar.

considering they used a fx-9590 as a recommended CPU, i would say it is utilizing more cores/threads

Rig: Thermaltake Urban S71 | MSI Z77 G45-Gaming Intel Core i5 3570K (4.4Ghz @ 1.4v) CM Hyper 212 EVO | Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB | MSI GTX 660 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 3TB HDD | EVGA 850W B2

It's a load of crap, you won't get much improvement over a i5 to a i7 in gaming. This has been shown countless times, again and again. If it does come true that you need that CPU for high/ultra then the game is seriously unoptimized and I won't even think twice about not buying it.

Just wait until we get closer to the time and people benchmark the game. To be honest I'd personally say the Recommended Spec's are for 4k @ ultra lol. Seemed to be the same with MGS as my CPU wasn't to 'spec' but I manage a 60fps average at 4k.

CPU: i7 8700k   Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero  RAM: 16GB @ 3600Mhz  GPU: MSI 980Ti 6G  Case: Fractal Design R5 (4 Intakes/3Exhausts)  Storage: Crucial BX100 SSD, Samsung 850 & Seagate 2TB HDD  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo '850W'  CPU Cooling: Corsair H110i GT 

Requirements are always exaggerated and should be taken as a very rough guide tbh... Your performance isn't going to tank because you aren't using an i7 (unless it's heavily CPU bound), and frankly, you should balance out your builds anyway...

THAT, is the reason for my visceral reaction to the requirements. I had that very CPU picked out. But no, I listened to everyone who said AMDs are not good for gaming and that I should get a 4690K. So I'm slightly bent out of shape and just as mad at myself for not sticking to what I had picked out.

hey man, i run a 9590, and it's a fucking fireball on unstable plasma. 

i down clock to 4.6 so i can have more than a day of uptime. 

also, it MUST be liquid cooled. you're better for having gone without. 

also, only like 9 motherboards can handle the VRM needs, most MBs pop when you socket a 9590. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

hey man, i run a 9590, and it's a fucking fireball on unstable plasma.

i down clock to 4.6 so i can have more than a day of uptime.

also, it MUST be liquid cooled. you're better for having gone without.

also, only like 9 motherboards can handle the VRM needs, most MBs pop when you socket a 9590.

That sucks. Though I personally would rather play on Ultra in hell, than play on medium LOL. But thanks. That does make the pill easier to swallow.

I'll never understand the outcry to recommended spec sheets.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

I'll never understand the outcry to recommended spec sheets.

In this case, it's the requirement for a higher CPU than is deemed required by the community. You may be happy with minimal settings but some of us want to run at higher settings.

In this case, it's the requirement for a higher CPU than is deemed required by the community. You may be happy with minimal settings but some of us want to run at higher settings.

I'll be able to run it at the settings that the cost of my rig warrant.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

Recommended hardware requirements on games are like recommended wattage requirements for GPUs.

99% of the time they are total bullshit and it is nothing more than the developers/publishers covering their asses.

I'll be able to run it at the settings that the cost of my rig warrant.

We spent the same, now that I looked at your build. You deserve more. I shall be angry for you.

We spent the same, now that I looked at your build. You deserve more. I shall be angry for you.

It'll run fine. Witcher 3 runs fine, GTA V runs fine, Far Cry 4 ran fine. I'll be fine, don't waste energy flipping out about small shit.

It'll run fine. Witcher 3 runs fine, GTA V runs fine, Far Cry 4 ran fine. I'll be fine, don't waste energy flipping out about small shit.

Witcher 3: i7 3770

GTA V: i5 3470

Far Cry 4: i5 2400S

from my perspective no one is listening. Even Battlefront doesn't require a frickin 4790K.

Witcher 3: i7 3770

GTA V: i5 3470

Far Cry 4: i5 2400S

from my perspective no one is listening. Even Battlefront doesn't require a frickin 4790K.

It doesn't require it, its recommended.

It doesn't require it, its recommended.

The string I tied around a branch is telling me we're going in circles.

My anger comes from that recommendation. I've been following the announcements since it was leaked. At no point was it shared that the game would be this CPU intensive. Every magazine or website that guessed at the requirements said i5 at the most. Specifying the 4790K rather than say a 4770 is an insult. It forces the logic that overclocking is implied. Hell, recommending the 4790 would have gone over without as strong a reaction from me. And the reason I am centered on the CPU is that is something that can DISTROY your experience. If your GPU isn't enough you scale back the settings. If your CPU isn't enough you can't play the game. Another words Bethesda just admitted to creating a game that contains a bottleneck. Because the 4690K is in no way limiting the 290x. THAT, has me pissed

The string I tied around a branch is telling me we're going in circles.

My anger comes from that recommendation. I've been following the announcements since it was leaked. At no point was it shared that the game would be this CPU intensive. Every magazine or website that guessed at the requirements said i5 at the most. Specifying the 4790K rather than say a 4770 is an insult. It forces the logic that overclocking is implied. Hell, recommending the 4790 would have gone over without as strong a reaction from me. And the reason I am centered on the CPU is that is something that can DISTROY your experience. If your GPU isn't enough you scale back the settings. If your CPU isn't enough you can't play the game. Another words Bethesda just admitted to creating a game that contains a bottleneck. Because the 4690K is in no way limiting the 290x. THAT, has me pissed

How about we wait a month and see how it actually plays, rather than flipping a shit at a requirement sheet?

How about we wait a month and see how it actually plays, rather than flipping a shit at a requirement sheet?

I'm more of a flipper, waiting is not my strong suit.

I'm more of a flipper, waiting is not my strong suit.

Hold on, I just had a look at the req sheet, its just the 4790, not the k.

Hold on, I just had a look at the req sheet, its just the 4790, not the k.

Not that I didn't trust you but I checked. So it is. Never mind lol