Can I install Gta 5 both on my pc and my friend's?

NoTxtWhileDrive

Hello LTT community, me and my friend are gonna combine our money to buy the retail copy of Gta 5.

Because firstly Philippine internet is shit so downloading the steam version is out of the question

(I tried pirating the game last summer took me ~10 hours a day for 46 days to finish but in the end it

didin't worked -_-, so much time wasted...), second since we split the cost it's cheaper, lastly physical

copy all the way :D.

So my question is can we install and use the same cd key of the game on both of

our computers? I heard that only one of us can go to gta online at a time, which is fine by me not

really an online multiplayer guy to start with, it's a small price to pay for geting a legit copy of the game

at half price.

some games allow multiple installs from the disk. (sims for example)

but the fact GTA is connected trough an account makes me doubt this is an option.

You can download it on both computers but only use it with one steam account. but you cant both play it at the same time if you want to youll need to buy two copies

SNIP

Steam family sharing!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hello LTT community, me and my friend are gonna combine our money to buy the retail copy of Gta 5.

Because firstly Philippine internet is shit so downloading the steam version is out of the question

(I tried pirating the game last summer took me ~10 hours a day for 46 days to finish but in the end it

didin't worked -_-, so much time wasted...), second since we split the cost it's cheaper, lastly physical

copy all the way :D.

So my question is can we install and use the same cd key of the game on both of

our computers? I heard that only one of us can go to gta online at a time, which is fine by me not

really an online multiplayer guy to start with, it's a small price to pay for geting a legit copy of the game

at half price.

god i feel bad for you. i download games in 6 hours or less or the next one is free (aswell)

you should both be able to play simultaneously if you both play singleplayer in offline mode. 

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

Steam family sharing!

How does it work? and does it work for non-steam games?

How does it work? and does it work for non-steam games?

http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can download it on both computers but only use it with one steam account. but you cant both play it at the same time if you want to youll need to buy two copies

I am speaking about the retail, non steam, 7 disc version of the the game, not the steam version because of slow internet speed.

so let me get this straight after one of us installs the disc and adds it to steam as a non-steam game

the other one can acess it? does it mean the other one will have to download and wait an ungodly amount

of time to get the game files?

"Can all Steam games be shared with friends and family?

No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing. For example, titles that require an additional  third-party key , account, or subscription in order to play cannot be shared between accounts." 

hmmm. I guess non-steam games are a no-go... :'(

snip

Oh none steam version, no sorry wont work

You are able to install it on multiple pcs, but it activation key can only be linked to ONE social club account. So if you want to share the game one of you can't play online

You are able to install it on multiple pcs, but it activation key can only be linked to ONE social club account. So if you want to share the game one of you can't play online

Ohhh... fine by me like I said: I'm not really an online multiplayer type of guy. But how about the CD key? can we use it on both our computers?

Ohhh... fine by me like I said: I'm not really an online multiplayer type of guy. But how about the CD key? can we use it on both our computers?

You won't need to. Just have a single Social Club account you both share, then install it from there. I'm not entirely sure how the install system is from a CD, but I would imagine that after it installs it will ask for a Social Club login, instead of a CD key, which I'm sure Social Club will want

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

hot damn!!  10 hours a day for 46 days....ouch!!!   what kind download speed are we talking about here?

1mbs or less?

thank God I'm blessed with 160mbs and to think for some people even that is not good enough who are used to speeds of 1gbs

hot damn!!  10 hours a day for 46 days....ouch!!!   what kind download speed are we talking about here?

1mbs or less?

thank God I'm blessed with 160mbs and to think for some people even that is not good enough who are used to speeds of 1gbs

Less... like 300kbps if I'm lucky 100-150kbps normally, the 46 days was an estimate, I spent most of my 2 month summer vacation downloading that, It was a week or less before the start of classes when it finshed. To get that 160+mbps speeds in our country cost around 430usd PER MONTH and its only available in certain areas... -_-. And our internet plan is advertized to have "5mbps" speed... bulls**t. God, if I finish my course I'm moving to another country -_-... Sorry it turned into a rant about philippine internet xD