Gaming PC with custom or closed loop

McFettnippel

Heyho guys,

my current build held up well for the last 4 years, but starts to realy show age this time around. I installed a 980ti at first, which my i7 2600k @ 4GHz bottlenecked for whatever reason, same thing with a Fury X. It's just always a core maxing at 100% which lets the GPU idle or utilize little. 

I was planning to make a whole new rig, containing a 6700k which I want to oc and watercool. Since all my preceding rigs were aircooled, I have no idea how to realize watercooling, let alone make a custom loop.

So my question is: what would be the best system to get for around 2500€ in Germany? I already made a PCPartPicker list, containing the following:

i7 6700k (with a Corsair H110i GTX aio)

MSI Z170A Gaming M7 ATX 1151 MoBo

32GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2400 (yes I want that much, don't ask :P)

Asus GTX 980ti STRIX (SLI upgrade planned)

Corsair AX1200i PSU

Corsair 750D Full Tower 

All of this currently goes out at 2200€ in Germany.

I am in possession of enough hard drives, an optical drive, a Soundblaster Zx soundcard, Windows 7 Ultimate License, as well as 4 12cm and 1 14cm be quiet case fans, all of which I want to reuse.

Regarding the case, I really want a big full tower this time, my last rig is contained by a NZXT Phantom 410, which is barely enough for all the stuff I threw in there, and SLIing would not be an option, which I definitly want in the future (hence the big PSU). Is there a case better fitting for the role than the 750D? I am open for any suggestions. I am also aware that I have to spend much more in a good custom loop, but I would also be satisfied if the Corsair one is good enough. 

So, tl;dr, need PC with stuff like above, would this rig be good?

Cheers,

Mc

Heyho guys,

my current build held up well for the last 4 years, but starts to realy show age this time around. I installed a 980ti at first, which my i7 2600k @ 4GHz bottlenecked for whatever reason, same thing with a Fury X. It's just always a core maxing at 100% which lets the GPU idle or utilize little. 

I was planning to make a whole new rig, containing a 6700k which I want to oc and watercool. Since all my preceding rigs were aircooled, I have no idea how to realize watercooling, let alone make a custom loop.

So my question is: what would be the best system to get for around 2500€ in Germany? I already made a PCPartPicker list, containing the following:

Corsair AX1200i PSU

Corsair 750D Full Tower 

I am in possession of enough hard drives, an optical drive, a Soundblaster Zx soundcard, Windows 7 Ultimate License, as well as 4 12cm and 1 14cm be quiet case fans, all of which I want to reuse.

Regarding the case, I really want a big full tower this time, my last rig is contained by a NZXT Phantom 410, which is barely enough for all the stuff I threw in there, and SLIing would not be an option, which I definitly want in the future (hence the big PSU). Is there a case better fitting for the role than the 750D? I am open for any suggestions. I am also aware that I have to spend much more in a good custom loop, but I would also be satisfied if the Corsair one is good enough. 

Cheers,

Mc

wat... i have a i7-2600k with 4.5Ghz OC

and this cpu is definitely not bottlenecking the gpu.

are you sure its holding the gpu back?

Heyho guys,

Corsair AX1200i PSU

Corsair 750D Full Tower 

Cheers,

Mc

get this psu

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220p21200x1

idk about germany but

its $100 cheaper in the states compared to ur choice

wat... i have a i7-2600k with 4.5Ghz OC

and this cpu is definately not bottlenecking the gpu.

are you sure its holding the gpu back?

yeah I didnt read that, but I doubt that the 2600k bottleneck the 980ti or fury x

yeah I didnt read that, but I doubt that the 2600k bottleneck the 980ti or fury x

yeah... but if he said that he wanna get a new mobo then its fine.

I recommend a Evga supernova g2 850w PSU

Ill tell you now, dont watercool until you have your system DONE. so if you want sli, run air until you get the 2nd card. Trust me, its gonna be much easier and less of a headache when it comes to watercooling

yeah... but if he said that he wanna get a new mobo then its fine.

I recommend a Evga supernova g2 850w PSU

doesnt matter. My point is that it is not going to bottleneck.

also 850w is too little, he needs at least 1000w, just for a little more head room

Well, it definitely is. Idk why, but on CPU intensive games it gets really bad. Maybe the CPU is damaged after being 3 consecutive years at 5.0GHz, and I had to tone it down because I started getting BSODs. I can't really say how the 980ti would have performed if I had the possibilty to put it in a 2.0x16 slot, which in lack of space I hadn't, so it went in a 2.0x8 slot which for sure did bottleneck (40% GPU utilization while two cores were at 100%). The fury sits nicely in the x16 slot, but produces worse fps on the battlefront beta than my 670 on the same settings, all due to one core maxing again. That's why I want a fresh start.

I just wanted to know, if the Mobo/RAM choice is good, and I chose the ax1200i because of it being on the top list of PSUs and having more than enough power for SLI (even three-way).