WiFi problem.

CJ Chua

So recently my house's TV is using so much internet, when it's on, everyone at home can't use it. We have to use data plan or shut the TV off in order to use internet (Oh yeah it's connected to an Ethernet cable). So, my father brought the TV back to the manufacture factory and fix it. After that it connected to our home WiFi and now everyone could use it.

Now the problem is my mom always said that the Ethernet cable took all the internet to it's own and I don't believe it. Can anyone explain it to me? I'm using a TM RG-MARITIME TRG212M model and I'm from malaysia. Thanks to all the feedback.

Your TV is one greedy bitch

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

What TV (make, model, ...) & what are your download and upload max speeds ?

internet speed test: http://www.speedtest.net/

My father recently upgraded the wifi speed to 30MB/s and the model is shit. X8Plus and it's made from China. It's called 'Aston TV' ._.

Its sort of a streaming box kinda thing, when your watching stuff with it it will play the video as it is downloading it.

Depending on the quality these files can be kinda big, a 1080p movie is most of the time about 4GB big.

With a better connection that's fine but i'm not sure about 30Mb/s, looks like not.

Try to scale down the quality when you are watching something with it, should be an option or so for that in the menu or so.

a pixel is basicly 3 values each ranging from 0 to 255, one value for the amount of red in that pixel, one for green and one for blue.

0 to 255 = 256 possibly values for each pixel which is 2^8 or 8 bits which is 1 byte.

so one pixel is 3 bytes.

a 720p display displays 720 * 1280 pixels = 921,600 pixels

so that is 921,600 * 3 bytes

an average movie displays at 20 frames/sec

so that are 921,600 * 3 * 20 bytes/sec or 55,296,000 bytes/sec

in bits that is 442,368,000 bits/sec or 442 megabits/sec

now do remember that compression still exists so it's actually a lot less, video files are already compressed

an example of a formula to calculate the bitrate of H.264 compressed files (H.264 is a good one):

[image width] x [image height] x [framerate] x [motion rank] x 0.07 = [desired bitrate]

1280 x 720 x 24 x 2 x 0.07 = 3,096,576 bps => approximatively 3 megabits/sec

perhaps the file formats your streaming box thing uses aren't as good as the H.264 one

so i'd suggest to get some better download speeds from your isp