Logitech G430 and Windows 10?

CallOfTheWild

Hello guys,

I have Logitech G430 surround sound headset and i recent bought a new computer which has windows 10 on it. When i use the USB adapter my mic doesn't work nor does the speakers in the headset and also with the USB adapter connected my external speaker don't even work.

** If i use the 3.5mm mic/speaker IN jacks WITHOUT the USB adapter everything works fine with stereo quality** But it sounds garbage since i'm use to surround sound.

I have all the updated drivers*

Worked perfectly fine on windows 7... does anyone have a fix for this?

If you have any tips on what can be done please let me know and possibly a bit of a step by step tutorial.. i've only had windows 10 for about 5 hours and i can't find shit.

took me 5 minutes to find my SSD...

tbh if there is no fix for this i'll pay the 115$ to revert back to windows 7.... i don't have a product key :(  ( i can't stand stereo audio that much )

[] AMD FX6300 [] R9 270X [] Corsair vengeance 16GB [] Kingston V300 240/120GB [] WD Blue 1TB [] Corsair RM650 [] Corsair H105 [] NZXT Phantom 410 [] 

uhm... download logitech gaming software for win10 from logitech's website?

http://support.logitech.com/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset#download

Already done didn't make any sort of difference 

[] AMD FX6300 [] R9 270X [] Corsair vengeance 16GB [] Kingston V300 240/120GB [] WD Blue 1TB [] Corsair RM650 [] Corsair H105 [] NZXT Phantom 410 [] 

Check device manager for unrecognized drivers. You may also need to pay a visit to the Windows sound manager and fiddle with that.

blackshades on

Got those headphones on Windows 10 and work perfectly....

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

Alright so i found an old driver which allows me to use my USB for my headset speakers but i still cannot get my mic to work now

Are the latest device drivers for the headset installed?

Is the microphone enabled in audio devices?

Have you tried disabling and enabling the mic from recording devices?

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H440 Blue/Black Special Edition   CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.3GHz    Cpu Cooler: Cryorig H5

Graphics Card:  Gigabyte Windforce GTX 780ti OC 3GB Stock Clock 1020MHz Boost Clock 1085MHz   Motherboard:  Asus Z97-A ATX Motherboard

RAM: 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport @ 1600MHz   Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda @ 7200rpm, 128GB SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD Audio: Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless Gaming Headset  Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spark Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Got those headphones on Windows 10 and work perfectly....

You have logitech G430's? 

What drivers do you have?

Are you actually using Teamspeak or something to ensure your mic is working?

You have logitech G430's? 

What drivers do you have?

Are you actually using Teamspeak or something to ensure your mic is working?

Using LGS_8.74.80_x64_Logitech Drivers.

Have tested by recording voice via Mic and playing back, and tested on ventrilo.

Using the USB adapter for them.

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

I am experiencing the exact same problem with this headset, and I can reproduce it on 2 different Windows 10 systems, one custom build that I've just finished setting up, and the other on an ASUS Laptop that the issue has persisted on for months now. The headset works perfectly (Mic and sound) on any apple computer(boo). I am almost 100% certain that I've tried everything to correct the matter, drivers, headset firmware, every device manager and control panel stetting you can imagine(all of this on both systems at this point) and the issue persists. I believe that this will not be fixable from the user-end; we will need a software update or firmware update from Windows/Logitech respectively to get this fixed. These are the symptoms of the issue:

The device works perfectly as headphones only. Full HD, sounds fine, but the computer will barely register the Mic at all through USB adapter, but 3.5mm jacks work fine (but this is not a viable work-around for me).

Any normal speech with the Mic turned on via USB will sound to the user like everything is working properly; you'll hear your voice cycled back through your headset speakers. However, basically nothing that you say will be registered by Windows, or any other software installed. I have found that the mic DOES pic up some input and will register sounds, but you seriously have to shove the entire Mic in your mouth and basically scream for anything to register, but some sound will go through. I've also noticed that blowing loudly directly into the mic will also register some sound, but nothing close to being able to speak normally and chat using the Mic.

The fact that some noise will register is very curious to me, and may be a pretty big clue in diagnosing the issue for someone who's better versed in this topic. I have little experience with diagnosing sound issues, as I've never really had trouble before, but I need this problem fixed ASAP so I can perform my work duties on this new machine, and I'd hate to have to shell out more cash for a new headset, all because of this silly compatibility issue. 

I'm currently convinced there is no way around it from our end. Unsolvable on two systems, and I fancy myself pretty computer literate. I am writing into Logitech CS as well about this and will update this thread with any developments I hear.

Cheers,

• 2 years later...