Sony Vegas 13, no audio in preview

K3nny3

When i import audio media into Sony Vegas it builds the peaks but when i try to play the preview so i can edit the media no audio plays even though the volume slider within the software moves as it should. Sometimes i can get audio to play but only very rarely after restarting my machine.
there is audio rendered version of what ever im editing

-

Have you reset Vegas yet to see if that changes anything?

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Have you reset Vegas yet to see if that changes anything?

Yes 3 times  and no change

Use after effects

I would of said Premiere Pro, AE is not a video editing software for what it matters...

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

Use after effects

/thread

In all seriousness check this outhttps://www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/242-no-sound-from-videos

I set the default audio device type to windows classic wave mapper from microsoft sound mapper and set my headset as the default audio device from the sony vegas preferences but still no audio, maybe its time to find some new editing software any good suggestions? 

Ok i have made a bit of break through. Messing around with 5.1 settings and changing the wave mapper means now i can hear it very faintly using my main headset (razer krakens 7.1) but when i plug my apple headphones into the from audio jack i can hear it fine so maybe i will just have to adapt to using them for editing rather than using my main headset