i5 4590 be any good with a r9 390? and h97 mobo.

Would an I5 4590 be any good with a R9 390 and a Fatal1ty H97 Performance motherboard?

That's a great combination for gaming, although why not go with skylake now that it's released? Haswell is still good, but skylake is just that slight bit better.

Get a 4460 instead.  Better price/performance.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

That's a great combination for gaming, although why not go with skylake now that it's released? Haswell is still good, but skylake is just that slight bit better.

Reason why is because in New Zealand skylake is rip off lol. Even i5 4th gen are a little high.

Get a 4460 instead.  Better price/performance.

4590 is like $10 more than the 4460 lol

Reason why is because in New Zealand skylake is rip off lol. Even i5 4th gen are a little high.

Lol your economy is shit.

76e90a0ea3.png

76e90a0ea3.png

Ouch...

Can't even buy things from ebay or anything overseas because of the importing costs is so high then have to pay GST ontop of it and some other crap.

4590 is like $10 more than the 4460 lol

If thats so then go for 4590 .. 4590 is usualy way more expensive over 4460 which makes it not worth it.

If thats so then go for 4590 .. 4590 is usualy way more expensive over 4460 which makes it not worth it.

not gonna bottleneck anything like my 390?

yep its so broken lol

huh, so the NZD is tanking just like the AUD. I wonder if it's the USD going up instead then.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

huh, so the NZD is tanking just like the AUD. I wonder if it's the USD going up instead then.

probably.

Dont worry. Nope.

so ill be allgood with that cpu with all my stuff no bottlenecking?

so ill be allgood with that cpu with all my stuff no bottlenecking?

Depends on the game

If anyone asks you never saw me.

so ill be all good with that cpu with all my stuff no bottlenecking?

Look at my sig.

4690 3.5-3.7ghz currently used for summer heat.

Gtx970, ive also used 290 and 290x's in here no probs with perfect expected performance levels.

290/x or 970.

Every game (made well) runs with perfection. Full 98-100% gpu usage.

The only time it is less, is when vsync is on, or a game imposes a frame cap.

Or if its badly made...ie: BatmanAK on launch/poor porting jobs.

Ive had a FLAWLESS experience with this i5, i have clocked it lower in the past testing random things, you will be fine, and within margins of expected performance.

Remember that reviewers use i7 and overclockable i5's to do their game benchs on so you WILL come in just under that, like most of us without overclocks do.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Look at my sig.

4690 3.5-3.7ghz currently used for summer heat.

Gtx970, ive also used 290 and 290x's in here no probs with perfect expected performance levels.

290/x or 970.

Every game (made well) runs with perfection. Full 98-100% gpu usage.

The only time it is less, is when vsync is on, or a game imposes a frame cap.

Or if its badly made...ie: BatmanAK on launch/poor porting jobs.

Ive had a FLAWLESS experience.

Would have agreed before today and the system requirements for Fallout 4 being released. If the trend keeps up that to run higher settings you need an i7, then how can we in good conscience recommend a i5?

Would have agreed before today and the system requirements for Fallout 4 being released. If the trend keeps up that to run higher settings you need an i7, then how can we in good conscience recommend a i5?

Fallout 4 is not the first game to say it needs high end PC for recommended settings... We seen such games in past and people can still play them on their old PCs.

i5 4460 and higher is very solid for any change right now still with any with maybe the exception of the highest end GPUs.

Fallout 4 is not the first game to say it needs high end PC for recommended settings... We seen such games in past and people can still play them on their old PCs.

i5 4460 and higher is very solid for any change right now still with any with maybe the exception of the highest end GPUs.

Bethesda is specific in requiring the 4790k, not just a low end i7. That speaks volumes. You also have to consider mods, which if you can barely run the game that doesn't leave much room. Worse look at the AMD CPU in the requirements, it's not power but threads that matter.