Computer crashing problems (CPU Overheating/PSU power shortage?)

Hi i recently rebuilt my old pc but in a different case for my dad.

To start of with here's the specs.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8320
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost
MOBO: Asrock 970 Extreme4 mobo
RAM: 1x4GB 1x2GB (Both unknown brand, anyway this should't be causing the problem well so i think)
CPU COOLER: Stock CPU cooler (Thermal paste re applied (This may be the problem))
PSU: Corsair CX430w PSU (80 Bronze)

So basically i haven't had much time to look at the pc and find the cause but so far this is what i have got.

-Since i re applied the thermal paste to put the stock cooler back on(since i had a third part cooler) i think i may have used too much could this be causing it to overheat. (I used line method by the way, maybe to long/big of a line)

-No overclock so there shouldn't be a problem there, airflow is one intake and one outtake and the cpu cooler fan of course.

-For some reason temps start at about 45c when in bios and when i wait there it will just keep climbing 1c every 30 seconds or so intill it hits about 60c ish and then it will either turn its self off or i will turn it off because im scared of it melting down. This just seems to be in the bios though e.g if i check the bios it will says 45c then i boot into OS use coretemp to check temperatures and it will say and sit around 21c. Strange is the bios temperature monitor broken or something?

-Check the specs here is a psu calculator i did the calculator and it gave me a recommend psu of 444w (at 100% TDP) but said it would be using about 394w ish. Is this too close to what the psu can actually deliver also i read something about rails, that power supply is 12v rails if that means anything. Could this be causing the crashing (this doesn't explain the heat issue though). https://imgur.com/umxegin

Solutions:

-Re apply thermal past with a thinner layer?

-Bigger power supply?

-Different/more fans/fix a flow?

-Other?

Sorry for bad grammar, layout etc any help is welcome.

Thanks Luke.

The PSU. Replace for an EVGA G2/GS Series.

500W will be enough

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

8320, there's your problem.

He's got a Corsair CX430. That's the problem. Can't keep up with the system.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Hi i recently rebuilt my old pc but in a different case for my dad.

To start of with here's the specs.

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8320

GPU: EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost

MOBO: Asrock 970 Extreme4 mobo

RAM: 1x4GB 1x2GB (Both unknown brand, anyway this should't be causing the problem well so i think)

CPU COOLER: Stock CPU cooler (Thermal paste re applied (This may be the problem))

PSU: Corsair CX430w PSU (80 Bronze)

So basically i haven't had much time to look at the pc and find the cause but so far this is what i have got.

-Since i re applied the thermal paste to put the stock cooler back on(since i had a third part cooler) i think i may have used too much could this be causing it to overheat. (I used line method by the way, maybe to long/big of a line)

-No overclock so there shouldn't be a problem there, airflow is one intake and one outtake and the cpu cooler fan of course.

-For some reason temps start at about 45c when in bios and when i wait there it will just keep climbing 1c every 30 seconds or so intill it hits about 60c ish and then it will either turn its self off or i will turn it off because im scared of it melting down. This just seems to be in the bios though e.g if i check the bios it will says 45c then i boot into OS use coretemp to check temperatures and it will say and sit around 21c. Strange is the bios temperature monitor broken or something?

-Check the specs here is a psu calculator i did the calculator and it gave me a recommend psu of 444w (at 100% TDP) but said it would be using about 394w ish. Is this too close to what the psu can actually deliver also i read something about rails, that power supply is 12v rails if that means anything. Could this be causing the crashing (this doesn't explain the heat issue though). https://imgur.com/umxegin

Solutions:

-Re apply thermal past with a thinner layer?

-Bigger power supply?

-Different/more fans/fix a flow?

-Other?

Sorry for bad grammar, layout etc any help is welcome.

Thanks Luke.

I suggest buying an aftermarket cooler since that probably is the problem

I would suggest changing the PSU as well although the calculators aren't always accurate but it is a CX I would change it

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Ok, is that 100% defiantly the problem, because i don't want to fork out another £50 pounds on a new psu if its not needed i thought 430w would be ok. I did think this since one minute it is fine and then the next its really slow loading programs etc. How does this explain the psu heat issue and the bios readings though? Also thank for the fast replies!

Something to consider when you get a power supply. http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/80plus.jpg

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

He's got a Corsair CX430. That's the problem. Can't keep up with the system.

It was a joke, but, yes, his PSU can't handle it at all. Not only is providing insufficient wattage, but it is also very cheap and doesn't even provide the wattage it claims.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I suggest buying an aftermarket cooler since that probably is the problem

I would suggest changing the PSU as well although the calculators aren't always accurate but it is a CX I would change it

Ok the case that i have i would need a fairly low(not tool) after market cooler even the 212 evo wont fit in i think, any you can recommend? Also are any of there's psu ok there in the sale at the moment?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-evga-100-w1-0500-kr-80plus-single-rail-atx-psu

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-corsair-vs-series-vs550-85-eff-80plus-white-230v-eu-certified-1x120mm-fan-black-casingplussleev

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-evga-100-w1-0600-k3-80plus-atx-psu-49a-single-plus12v-rail-120mm-fan

Also i dont have huge amounts of money at the moment what is the biggest cause of the problem the psu or is the new cooler more important if i had to pick between one of those?

It was a joke, but, yes, his PSU can't handle it at all. Not only is providing insufficient wattage, but it is also very cheap and doesn't even provide the wattage it claims.

Ok. I see i did hear about this false advertising, it not providing the power and wattage it claims.

Something to consider when you get a power supply. http://www.extremetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/80plus.jpg

Is ok if the power supply is just 80 plus (white) not even bronze?

Ok the case that i have i would need a fairly low(not tool) after market cooler even the 212 evo wont fit in i think, any you can recommend? Also are any of there's psu ok there in the sale at the moment?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/500w-evga-100-w1-0500-kr-80plus-single-rail-atx-psu

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-corsair-vs-series-vs550-85-eff-80plus-white-230v-eu-certified-1x120mm-fan-black-casingplussleev

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/600w-evga-100-w1-0600-k3-80plus-atx-psu-49a-single-plus12v-rail-120mm-fan

Also i dont have huge amounts of money at the moment what is the biggest cause of the problem the psu or is the new cooler more important if i had to pick between one of those?

...if you're talking about your 'main rig', you have plenty of space for stuff in there, up to about an NH-D15. A Hyper 212 Evo should have no problems fitting in a Define R4.

Sig under construction.

Ok. I see i did hear about this false advertising, it not providing the power and wattage it claims.

Nono, it will provide what it's advertized for...just not for any meaningful amount of time, and then will die (assuming you push it to the max).

Sig under construction.

...if you're talking about your 'main rig', you have plenty of space for stuff in there, up to about an NH-D15. A Hyper 212 Evo should have no problems fitting in a Define R4.

This is my dad's pc so not its not the fractal design r4. It's this http://www.amazon.co.uk/CiT-Vantage-Gaming-Audio-Reader/dp/B0071KZNUY/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1444324633&sr=8-10&keywords=cit

Oh, that case. I have a dead one with the fans removed sitting on top of a filing cabinet 2 metres away from me. It's got stupid stickers and scratches over it. It's not designed too poorly in terms of space for coolers, I think.... I'd suggest a Noctua blow-down cooler...if that makes any sense.

Sig under construction.

Nono, it will provide what it's advertized for...just not for any meaningful amount of time, and then will die (assuming you push it to the max).

Ok,w hat do you mean by meaningful amount of time? It's not worth the time? And im guessing its being pushed to the max at the moment if the computer is struggling, if it dies it could take out something with it couldn't it perhaps i should try not to use the computer that much.

Ok,w hat do you mean by meaningful amount of time? It's not worth the time? And im guessing its being pushed to the max at the moment if the computer is struggling, if it dies it could take out something with it couldn't it perhaps i should try not to use the computer that much.

By a meaningful amount of time, I mean that it wouldn't be able to produce that current for an amount of time that would be of any use for anybody. If a PSU dies, yes, it can take things out with it.

Sig under construction.

Is ok if the power supply is just 80 plus (white) not even bronze?

Get this PSU

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-xfx-pro-550s-p1-550s-gren-system-builder-single-rail-80-plus-bronze-haswell-ready-1x-135mm-fan-

Do you know the height requirement for CPU coolers on the case?

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

There don't seem to be any official specs but I guess I could rip mine apart and give some rough measurements.

Sig under construction.

By a meaningful amount of time, I mean that it wouldn't be able to produce that current for an amount of time that would be of any use for anybody. If a PSU dies, yes, it can take things out with it.

Ok i see and ok.

Ok is this one not ok? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-corsair-vs-series-vs550-85-eff-80plus-white-230v-eu-certified-1x120mm-fan-black-casingplussleev

And no i'm afraid i don't i would have to measure that tomorrow.

There don't seem to be any official specs but I guess I could rip mine apart and give some rough measurements.

Do you think this could fit?

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/cooler-master-hyper-tx3-evo-cpu-cooler-92mm-fan-1150-1151-1155-1156-775-1366-fm1-am3plus-am3-am2

Setup

Ok i see and ok.

Ok is this one not ok? http://www.scan.co.uk/products/550w-corsair-vs-series-vs550-85-eff-80plus-white-230v-eu-certified-1x120mm-fan-black-casingplussleev

And no i'm afraid i don't i would have to measure that tomorrow.

That one is really bad

Setup

You have one, did you do your first build in it?

Ok, is that 100% defiantly the problem, because i don't want to fork out another £50 pounds on a new psu if its not needed i thought 430w would be ok. I did think this since one minute it is fine and then the next its really slow loading programs etc. How does this explain the psu heat issue and the bios readings though? Also thank for the fast replies!

You've put a decent CPU in a shit motherboard with a shit power supply. Fit a 750w PSU and if you can replace the motherboard with a Asus sabretooth or ROG board and overclock the snot out of the FX cpu.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

You've put a decent CPU in a shit motherboard with a shit power supply. Fit a 750w PSU and if you can replace the motherboard with a Asus sabretooth or ROG board and overclock the snot out of the FX cpu.

Ok the mobo is ok never had a problem with it and that isnt causing the slowness or the heat and 750w is too expensive and 500w will be ok other people have said and that should be ok. Also no overclocks is needed at all.