battlefront beta your thoughts ?

bydus

I was wondering what console players here thought of beta so far, do you like it ? Will you buy it ? How does it compare to bf4 ?

No Captain Kirk 0/10

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I pre-ordered the bundle with the micro fridge last week.

I've watched about half an hour of a guy streaming on Twitch from his PC.  

I'm a bit bored by it.  I'm considering canceling my order.

I played it on ps4 just now for 2 hours and loved every second of it, i was skeptical at first as i didn't know what I was doing but walker assault was so much fun god damn i did play it on ps4 though. 

I played a lot of battlefront back in the day (1 not 2) and I feel that there are still too few people in a lot of matches. I also believe that AI should be added to the mix of 40 player matches. It does look and feel like star wars, but it does not feel like battlefront. Also don't like that vehicles are power ups.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

AT-AT spawn camping... It not nice. Got bored after 1 hour. 

Magical Pineapples

Whoops wrong thread.... This should have been posted in the PC thread....

To much spawn killing and OP perks. Gameplay is almost the same as Battlefield thus it's not a "new" game. They should have called it "Battlefield - StarWars Edition".

5.5/10 Nice music and UI.

Edited by sterreprop

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

AT-AT assault feels like an actual war. All the Battlefields I've played in the past never really felt like a war to me. So that's saying something. Explosions are everywhere and they sound quite nice and the same goes for that "Star Wars sound". However, AT-AT assault is very one-sided. The rebs just don't have the strength to defeat the Imperials but they fight to the last man, to the last minute which shows their fighting spirit. (In other words, Imperials almost always win).  

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

AT-AT assault feels like an actual war. All the Battlefields I've played in the past never really felt like a war to me. So that's saying something. Explosions are everywhere and they sound quite nice and the same goes for that "Star Wars sound". However, AT-AT assault is very one-sided. The rebs just don't have the strength to defeat the Imperials but they fight to the last man, to the last minute which shows their fighting spirit. (In other words, Imperials almost always win).  

I've played in plenty of games where the Rebels win in 2 uplink sets. It requires your team to understand the object and not be K/D protectors.

AKA your team needs to be borderline suicidal over the objectives, not run away after capping an objective, and think for more than .005 seconds.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I want to like this so much... but... I'm 50/50 on whether I'll get this game or not. This is a mix of the multi player and the drop zone content. The single player mission is honestly quite boring. 

Things I love: 

Music and sound effects are spot on, every blaster shot, AT-AT, AT-ST shot, X-Wing, A-Wing, etc. all have EXCELLENT sound effects. 

Controlling Luke or Darth Vader is pretty cool

You CAN win as a Rebel, but man alive your "team" has to be on point to take down the Walkers. If the people are hiding out on perches or in turrets (not sure what they are called) then you can kiss your ass goodbye and the Rebels will lose every time. 

Things I don't like:

Spawning for the Rebels blows. Countless times I would spawn in right under a series of Imperials camped out on a hill who would blast the shit out of me before I could move. I witnessed this with other players as well, no less than 15 people spawned in at the same area, all cut down in seconds.

Spawning in a trench right in the line of fire of an AT-AT or AT-ST only to be cut down in seconds. 

Ship controls are terrible, no matter what you fly. The TIE fighters are very slow, sluggish and turn like an 18 wheeler driven by a student. A-Wings, while responsive and "fast" in other games are not much faster than the other fighters and really seemed to fly like the Y wings that I observed (Never flew a Y Wing).

Single player mission and killing the AT-ST could be accomplished by running up to it and just standing below it and shooting the crap out of it. No more, no less, and that was it. It was pretty easy to wipe it out. 

The team ups for the drop zone aren't that good either. I wound up on a Rebel team that started with 8... soon after I was getting whacked by the Imperials left and right and the match was over. Why? HALF the team just left/exited out so the Rebels had 4 people and the Imperials had 8. I noticed this in Multiplayer as well where people didn't want to be on the "Rebels" team and just exited out and tried to rejoin a game as an Imperial. If anything I would hope they penalize players who just jump out and rejoin. 

The final kill shot when you get wiped out in multiplayer shows who killed you... that's great, but it takes away time that I could be playing as I can't skip past it. I'm stuck watching the person who killed me who may or most likely won't be there when I respawn (most likely under that plateau) only to get whacked again. 

I'm not sure if they tweaked the game on the back end for the multiplayer, but I had one game where both AT-AT walkers were destroyed before they even reached the half way point on the map! I don't mind trying to make it balanced, but it wasn't a very fun play through when that happened. 

Overall the immersion was nice, it felt pretty real and the environment was well rendered. The sounds really put you in the action and I really felt like I was in the battle of Hoth, it was "great". 

EDIT: I have more likes and dislikes to list but I need to get sleep. I'll add more to this later. 

I've played in plenty of games where the Rebels win in 2 uplink sets. It requires your team to understand the object and not be K/D protectors.

AKA your team needs to be borderline suicidal over the objectives, not run away after capping an objective, and think for more than .005 seconds.

Team? Understand? Work? Stay alive? Yup. Can confirm that 90% of the community does not know what those words mean. 

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Team? Understand? Work? Stay alive? Yup. Can confirm that 90% of the community does not know what those words mean. 

Yeah. The longer the beta has been out the more I've seen people understand this.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

Haha for real I think if the game modes get more complicated it's gonna get really bad