small pump+res

Hello form,

So, i was thinking today I would like to build an ITX watercooled pc as small as possible. I am gaming on 1080p and video rendering so the build will feature a GTX 970 (no I am not switching to AMD altough they have better fps/€ ;) ) and a i7 5820K.

This will be my first watercooled pc but I really wanted a challenge so my eye fell on the Fractal design core 500 which can fit a full  size GPU and a 120mm rad and a 280mm rad (I do not need the 5,25inch bay ;) ). It can also fit up to 5 drives (6 if the m.2 is used) and since I am working with large video files, I really can use the storage :)

I think it should be possible to fit everything I want but I can't find a res and pump small enough...

Can you guys suggest me any?

greets

hackthesystem

Hello form,

So, i was thinking today I would like to build an ITX watercooled pc as small as possible. I am gaming on 1080p and video rendering so the build will feature a GTX 970 (no I am not switching to AMD altough they have better fps/€ ;) ) and a i7 5820K.

This will be my first watercooled pc but I really wanted a challenge so my eye fell on the Fractal design core 500 which can fit a full  size GPU and a 120mm rad and a 280mm rad (I do not need the 5,25inch bay ;) ). It can also fit up to 5 drives (6 if the m.2 is used) and since I am working with large video files, I really can use the storage :)

I think it should be possible to fit everything I want but I can't find a res and pump small enough...

Can you guys suggest me any?

greets

hackthesystem

I'm going to let other people object to you putting a GTX 970 in with a 5820k, and having X99 ITX, but instead I'm going to complain about the Core 500 and how it's pretty hard to fit a liquid loop in there because of tubing. If you're making your own (which you seem to be suggesting), then I wish you luck.

Sig under construction.

Go 6700K and 980 Ti. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Go 6700K and 980 Ti. 

I do not need the GPU horsepower, I do need the 6-core CPU however.

I'm going to let other people object to you putting a GTX 970 in with a 5820k, and having X99 ITX, but instead I'm going to complain about the Core 500 and how it's pretty hard to fit a liquid loop in there because of tubing. If you're making your own (which you seem to be suggesting), then I wish you luck.

I know it is weird to go ITX with X99 but I somethimes, no actually almost always, edit video's or encode video's when I am not at home, so I like to take my PC with me to where I need to edit :)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($101.19 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($95.45 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX Video Card  ($696.98 @ Newegg) 

Case: Fractal Design Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Total: $1767.56

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-08 12:59 EDT-0400

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HOo12BdXYg

If you change the fittings you can easily fit a ek predator. Dont know about the core 500 but the node 304 can fit a swiftech 140x

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 73.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($101.19 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: EVGA Z170 Stinger Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($95.45 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX Video Card  ($696.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 500 Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($59.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $1767.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-08 12:59 EDT-0400

This was my one :)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JMsnD3

If you really need a 970 why not go 980 or 980Ti and just stay aircooled?

I want to go watercooled because when I do edit in my room, it is really hot in there ;) and it just seemed a great challenge :)

980 or 980ti seems waste of money since I am gaming on 1080p....

I want to go watercooled because when I do edit in my room, it is really hot in there ;) and it just seemed a great challenge :)

980 or 980ti seems waste of money since I am gaming on 1080p....

Watercooling does not cool down ur room, if anything it will warm up the room as it is easier to displace the heat.

Watercooling does not cool down ur room, if anything it will warm up the room as it is easier to displace the heat.

Yeah, i know, I not searchin for a way to cool down my room but to keep my components as cool as possible ;)

But anyway, back on topic, can someone sugest me a small pump and res?