USB 3.0 not working properly

Hello,

i bought myself a nice usb 3.0 stick from san disk with about reading speeds up to 250mb for my surface pro 2 tablet. Now the problem is that the surface pro 2 does have a usb 3.0 but the stick runs at usb 2.0 speeds. 40-50 mb read speeds. How can i make it run properly? Any suggestions? I googled alot about it but i just cant find any solutions. 

Is your question - how can you make USB 2.0 run at USB 3.0 speed?

The answer is no.

If it were a desktop you could install a PCI slot USB 3.0 card but on a surface and other portables you cant.

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)

Hello,

i bought myself a nice usb 3.0 stick from san disk with about reading speeds up to 250mb for my surface pro 2 tablet. Now the problem is that the surface pro 2 does have a usb 3.0 but the stick runs at usb 2.0 speeds. 40-50 mb read speeds. How can i make it run properly? Any suggestions? I googled alot about it but i just cant find any solutions. 

Have you previously achieved these incredible speeds on the drive with a different machine? If not, then the speed that the drive was given could be just lies.

Sig under construction.

The answer is no.

It seems like the question is "why is this USB 3.0 device running at USB 2.0 speeds on a connection that's apparently only USB 3?"

Sig under construction.

The answer is no.

The Surface pro 2 does have a usb 3.0 slot. And i got a usb 3.0 stick. But it keeps running at usb 2.0 speeds. 

Have you previously achieved these incredible speeds on the drive with a different machine? If not, then the speed that the drive was given could be just lies.

Yes, i did achieve +200 reading speeds on my regular desktop pc. 

I managed to fix the problem. 

this video proofed helpful.