Asus PCE-N15 in 16x slot

Okay so I bought a wireless card today (don't shout at me, I'd use Ethernet if I could) and I have an mATX board. Because my GPU is dual slot and my 1x slot is directly below the pcie card, I have to put it in the 16x slot.

Asus say it's compatible but they have this small jut on the PCB next to the connector that stops me from putting into the slot.

Would I be a able to cut it off without any risk or what could I do?

Okay so I bought a wireless card today (don't shout at me, I'd use Ethernet if I could) and I have an mATX board. Because my GPU is dual slot and my 1x slot is directly below the pcie card, I have to put it in the 16x slot.

Asus say it's compatible but they have this small jut on the PCB next to the connector that stops me from putting into the slot.

Would I be a able to cut it off without any risk or what could I do?

Can you take a picture of what you're talking about?

You can, but it is awful risky cutting anything. You will most likely void your warranty if you do mess up. I'd recommend getting a USB Wi-Fi adapter if it is causing too much hassle.

Edited by IPickle

The small bit next to the PCI connector

I can't seem to attatch photos on mobile, try googling it

I can't seem to attatch photos on mobile, try googling it

You are either putting it in wrong or you are putting it in a PCI clot instead of a PCIe slot. What mobo do you have?

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks