what is the average water temperature in a water cooling loop

just wondering because i have an idea in my head but it will only work if the lowest temp in a water cooling loop is above 85°F or around 29°C

thanks

maybach123

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

just wondering because i have an idea in my head but it will only work if the lowest temp in a water cooling loop is above 85°F or around 29°C

thanks

maybach123

The more radiator space you have, the closer you can get to ambient temperatures. As long as your ambient is above 29 celsius you have no chance of your loop getting cooler than that.

Sig under construction.

The more radiator space you have, the closer you can get to ambient temperatures. As long as your ambient is above 29 celsius you have no chance of your loop getting cooler than that.

i could probably make that work 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

i could probably make that work

Are you willing to share your idea? Water will always be warmer behind the blocks than after ur rad. Increasing speeds might lower the tsmp of the water a tiny little bit

Are you willing to share your idea? Water will always be warmer behind the blocks than after ur rad. Increasing speeds might lower the tsmp of the water a tiny little bit

it would be a proof of concept but i need it to stay above 29° C im not going to say yet because i dont want to get ahead of myself 

it would be a proof of concept but i need it to stay above 29° C im not going to say yet because i dont want to get ahead of myself

Without having a clue what you are planning it is hard to figure out if we can help you xD if you keep your ambient temp well below 29C and have low tdp hardware I do not foresee many problems.

You can add a temp meter to your loop kicking your fans into god mode if the water reaches 25C or something

----edit----

Wait you are saying above 29 C? Keep the room at 30C, thats the only way to make sure xD

I am not used to minimum temps, just maximum xD

If the idea can survive a warm up period you could try using less rad space than commonly advised, or a script that does some number crunching to heat up the water if it gets to cold.

Without having a clue what you are planning it is hard to figure out if we can help you xD if you keep your ambient temp well below 29C and have low tdp hardware I do not foresee many problems.

You can add a temp meter to your loop kicking your fans into god mode if the water reaches 25C or something

----edit----

Wait you are saying above 29 C? Keep the room at 30C, thats the only way to make sure xD

I am not used to minimum temps, just maximum xD

If the idea can survive a warm up period you could try using less rad space than commonly advised, or a script that does some number crunching to heat up the water if it gets to cold.

what i am thinking of would be very hard to do and somewhat expensive it would require me to mill my own blocks and radiators out of tungsten and i would only run it for a few hours at a show or something like that as a proof of concept. it would not work better than what already out but it would be more interesting just to see if it could work and if i could do it