"Is Apple A cult?"

VAkena

Samsung doesn't release their flagship line 3 times a year and you don't see samsung fans lining up at the gate a week in advance.

Same SH** would happen if there was an Nvidia store, 

The Galaxy 6 and Note 5 were what, a month apart ?

Same SH** would happen if there was an Nvidia store, 

The Galaxy 6 and Note 5 were what, a month apart ?

They are both flagship phones, but you could say the same thing about apple with their iPhone X and the iPhone X+.

They are both flagship phones, but you could say the same thing about apple with their iPhone X and the iPhone X+.

except they are exactly the same minus the screen size and are released at the exact same time, i know a good amount of people who got the s6 and now are down on their luck because the note 5 is out and their upgrade has been used for the year 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

they release at least 2 flagships a year, s6 and note 5 this year, and no?

Okay, I admit I was wrong but that doesn't make the main headline on the 6PM news unlike the iPhone releases.

except they are exactly the same minus the screen size and are released at the exact same time, i know a good amount of people who got the s6 and now are down on their luck because the note 5 is out and their upgrade has been used for the year

The Note and the Galaxy X are very similar speced wise.
You chose if you want a Phablet or a Phone, apple has it exactly the same!

I'm not saying they're aren't Apple cultists, of course they're are, there's also Xbox, Playstation, Android and Windows cultists. The whole "Mindless Sheeple", "Isheep" is overblown and outdated anymore. Some people would buy apple because jobs said it was the best thing ever. Most people bought apple though because at the time it was overall a great product at the time.

Look at when the Ipad 1 came out, they didn't invent it...but windows tablets were just thick, clunky laptops where you could flip over the screen and lay it on the keyboard. Other tablets had tiny screens compared to ipad.

Ipod, one of the nicer MP3 players.

Iphone, samsung copied it with the first galaxy.

A lot of people just like it because it's simple, they don't want to learn about or need to know how that stuff works because they have other stuff they are experts at. Tech is just a tool to them and they don't want to build their tool from scratch or mod it.

It certainly never helped from a "sheeple" pov that jobs was such a shit talker, he would've made a good ponzi scheme guy had he decided to go that way.

For a long time the Iphone had the best camera, the macbook had the best screen, so it was easy just to pick. Younger people nowadays that are into tech buy what they like, the rest just because it's trendy or pretty. I think that last demographic is overblown as more people grow up with easier access to tech specs.

Sometimes Apple products are still better but it depends on what you want. The surface is awesome and I am going to buy one, but if all I ever did was read books Ipad is much lighter. I was going with a G4 android too, but the 6+ with Camera 645 app gives me full manual controll as well as a more muted photo color. Since I am using the phone for a phone and mostly for a camera, that works for me. IDC about 4k hype or no SD card because I am mostly wanting just the camera characteristics.

Okay, I admit I was wrong but  that doesn't make the main headline on the 6PM news unlike the iPhone releases.

Its the worlds richest company, with massive amounts of sales and influcence of course it makes the news, a $150 middle of the road phone from a small company is not really news worthy

SNIP

Well said

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@Comic_Sans_MS..I do think there is a crapload of people who buy apple because it's a status symbol however, so yeah cult is still applicable...just a SMALL cult tho vs a LARGE one.

One thing my wife unit said to me was she noticed a lot more Audis on the road since 50 shades of grey...so AUDI has it's asheep too :D (I could live with that if more hot chicks got in my car because of it though...lol)

@Comic_Sans_MS..I do think there is a crapload of people who buy apple because it's a status symbol however, so yeah cult is still applicable...just a SMALL cult tho vs a LARGE one.

One thing my wife unit said to me was she noticed a lot more Audis on the road since 50 shades of grey...so AUDI has it's asheep too :D (I could live with that if more hot chicks got in my car because of it though...lol)

What is the "Large [Cult]" you speak of?

people who blindly hate apple 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

I think the CULT part of the Apple cult shrinks as people are more tech savy now. IMO it used to be much larger, but now is pretty small as us old ppl are replaced :)

What is your opinion of apple as far as jobs vs cook eras ?

I don't hate apple, I just don't like their marketing and the cost of their products.

I think the CULT part of the Apple cult shrinks as people are more tech savy now. IMO it used to be much larger, but now is pretty small as us old ppl are replaced :)

It isn't.
There are always the "cool" kids with their MBP without retina display (They never have retina display) and their console.
Their market expands each year, and those people know shit about what is inside their computer. (and somehow think it is better)

I am NOT saying all apple users are part of the cult or ignorant about their computers, just lots are.

What is your opinion of apple as far as jobs vs cook eras ?

i think during Jobs's reign apple was introducing more game changing products than Cook is (OG ipad, iphone,ipod,macbook air), taking products other companies didn't do so well with (tablets) and tweaking them to make them user friendly. i don't dislike Tim Cook's leadership of apple, it just doesn't appeal to me and i think the products they're introducing are pointless (apple watch, ipad pro) that is just my opinion though 

i think during Jobs's reign apple was introducing more game changing products than Cook is (OG ipad, iphone,ipod,macbook air), taking products other companies didn't do so well with (tablets) and tweaking them to make them user friendly. i don't dislike Tim Cook's leadership of apple, it just doesn't appeal to me and i think the products they're introducing are pointless (apple watch, ipad pro) that is just my opinion though 

I agree with you on the watch, but not the ipad pro, i always thought they needed a larger option for full sized reading of things like graphic novels and magazines. The new stylus will be great for artists IMO because it does stuff like know the angle it's tilted at. They showed a drawing program by Adobe where you can shade just like a real pencil by using the side and such. I think it's way too pricy though. They should make it cheaper and grab more market share from the surface line and Tab lines !

I like cook because he's more willing to update stuff. If it was Jobs we'd still be on ipad 4 and such.

I fail to understand why people get so upset over what other people buy.

I am allowed to choose what I spend my own money on, and even if that product is inferior in your eyes... in my eyes it clearly isn't or I wouldn't spend money it.

Just stop being a total A-hole towards people that like a certain product.

People keep hating on apple and their fans but android fans are in my eyes even worse as it's always android fans that keep making hate topics on apple in general, just for the love of hating on a group which in their eyes is inferior.

FYI: I do not own a single apple product, I own a a samsung. Come at me android boys.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Exactly this, and I actually think the "anti apple" crowd are 100x worse than the "pro apple" people

I see so many topics just on this forum alone, and they normally start with a negative title, or are like "who the fuck would buy an iPhone when my alcatel 8 core phone was £58"

Apple make a product, that people like to buy /thread

i've actually had a talk with a few convinced apple users, and they have very good reasons why. this doesnt mean everyone should buy apple, this also doesnt mean no one should.

and the only case i've had someone scream at me for talking bad about apple it wasnt the apple user, it was his douchebag friend sitting next to him...

I fail to understand why people get so upset over what other people buy.

I am allowed to choose what I spend my own money on, and even if that product is inferior in your eyes... in my eyes it clearly isn't or I wouldn't spend money it.

Just stop being a total A-hole towards people that like a certain product.

People keep hating on apple and their fans but android fans are in my eyes even worse as it's always android fans that keep making hate topics on apple in general, just for the love of hating on a group which in their eyes is inferior.

FYI: I do not own a single apple product, I own a a samsung. Come at me android boys.

I 100% agree, its a freaking phone tablet or laptop, its really not important that somebody wants to spend some money on it

Its a piece of tech, so what if a phone runs one OS or another or costs a few hundred dollars extra, well my shoes cost me £200... so what? I don't start telling people their shoes are shit do I, .. and nobody has come up to me and said "mate your shoes are so overpriced, you can get shoes in Asda for £5" - but when it comes to tech we do it all the time

As you said most threads about Apple are started by the "anti apple" crowed "who would buy an iPhone when you can get this £150 phone that has 8 cores and micro sd" - well maybe because I don't want one, and I want an iPhone for whatever reason I choose, I dont buy it to please others, I bought it with my own money for my own pleasure, sometimes I dont care about price to performance, or customizability. Sometimes I just want to buy something.. because I want to buy it

most apple customers happily buy their phone and ipad, and happily use it without having to start a thread telling people they are dumb for buying it

i've actually had a talk with a few convinced apple users, and they have very good reasons why. this doesnt mean everyone should buy apple, this also doesnt mean no one should.

and the only case i've had someone scream at me for talking bad about apple it wasnt the apple user, it was his douchebag friend sitting next to him...

I dont get why people have to go out of their way to convince people on any particular platform, that said obviously not all consumers know the options that are out there, so discussing the pros and cons can be great for somebody who is not tech savvy

but I rarely hear any objective (or even subjective) commentary about pros and cons of either platform, MOST people are either one or the other, and will convince others regardless of what suits that end user

that is not always the case, but it is often the case

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Macs are good. But this IPhone Hype is ridiculous. Main Factory in China has 10 suicides a Month.

Not any different from any other company. Samsung is even worse but you never hear about it!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

Not any different from any other company. Samsung is even worse but you never hear about it!

All this shit is ridiculous. Im sick of this smartphone/facebook/twitter Nonsense. Walk through a City in Germany and watch the People. 80% stare in their fucking "phones". Mindless Zombies.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

All this shit is ridiculous. Im sick of this smartphone/facebook/twitter Nonsense. Walk through a City in Germany and watch the People. 80% stare in their fucking "phones". Mindless Zombies.

Same in many parts of the first world. It's just what the world has become, exactly how and where the term Cockblocked by Steve Jobs came about.

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X | Mobo: ASUS Strix X570-I Gaming ITX | GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Founders Edition | RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3600MHz | Storage: Corsair Force MP600 1TB PCI-e Gen 4 & 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Cooler: Stock Prism | Case: NZXT H210i | PSU: Corsair CS500M

No, Apple isn't a cult.

Linux is, die to the Linux Fanbase being WAY MORE committed to the environment.

No, Apple isn't a cult.

Linux is, die to the Linux Fanbase being WAY MORE committed to the environment.

You of course realize that statement loses value when your signature says one must conform in order to gain assistance, right?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

You of course realize that statement loses value when your signature says one must conform in order to gain assistance, right?

Yes, I am speaking generally though.

Linux has some of the best help available.

Apple is a cult, and they've got the Flavour-Aid, and the Flavour-Aid really is delicious, but it's got Steve Jobs' thumb in it. So it's like "yeah, it's nice and sweet but it's just ruined by that faint taste of thumb..."

I say this every time anyone brings up Apple. I don't hate Apple a whole lot as a company, but I hate when people act smugly superior to you and like dicks just because they bought an Apple product, or even recommend Apple products to others regardless of what the person is going to use it for. Those people think Apple stuff is always superior because it's Apple. Basically, they say this: Specs? They don't matter; obviously the OS a computer is running is the only determining factor of performance. Who cares if it's running a quad-core i7 over a Pentium, right?" Then there's this: "Apple uses quality parts. Every component in a Mac is far superior to anything in a PC." You know what I found in my Dad's Macbook Pro? A Seagate hard drive. Know what I found in my desktop? A Seagate hard drive. Know what I found in my crappy, $250 Lenovo laptop? A second-gen dual-core i5. Know what I found in my Dad's Macbook Pro? A second-gen dual-core i5. I tell this to the fanboys over and over, but they never listen. Not once. They still go on and on about how Apple is better than PC at everything except for gaming(they don't even consider that both gaming and professional work tend to require powerful CPUs and GPUs). I call that cult behavior(however, people like that are in the minority).

@ShadowCaptain What do you think of this kind of behavior? Is it acceptable in your eyes?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.