Goldenfield PSU

aSpoink

I currenly have a 650 watt Goldenfield PSU and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this PSU. I dont know the model number of the PSU, but could get it if need be. My main question is, is this a reliable PSU? And if not, could you suggest a good PSU. 

Not gonna lie. I have never heard of that brand.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I currenly have a 650 watt Goldenfield PSU and was wondering if anyone knows anything about this PSU. I dont know the model number of the PSU, but could get it if need be. My main question is, is this a reliable PSU? And if not, could you suggest a good PSU. 

Some no name El-cheapo PSU from the looks of things best to replace it ASAP.

Its some crap power supply, get rid of it.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Some no name El-cheapo PSU from the looks of things best to replace it ASAP.

Any suggestions on a PSU?

Any suggestions on a PSU?

If your system is the one in your signature then probably an XFX TS 450W which would be more than enough for that system.

If your system is the one in your signature then probably an XFX TS 450W which would be more than enough for that system.

Would that still be enough power if I get a new gpu?

You can get a XFX TS 550W or just any XFX 550W PSU, they're cheap and good quality

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Yes it would still be capable if you want to go for a higher end card a 550W unit would be good as OAcesync mentions but a high end card may be bottlenecked by the CPU a fair bit.