Can you actually have stacked VRAM in Xifre?

OAcesync

Basically I had a short argument with someone saying that they could use 8GB of VRAM of their R9 295x2 which I said no because VRAM obviously can't stack in dual GPU setups atm but then he sent me this screenshot now I'm just confused. Is this just a faulty reading?

post-220800-0-43402200-1444246192_thumb.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

It is technically using 6890/8192MB of vram, but it's just being mirrored from the first GPU.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

It doesn't stack effectively. That doesn't mean it isn't used, it's just that it has to store a complete duplicate in the second 4GB set, so you can't have more than 4GB of unique useful data. But instruments will still report the memory has data in it, because it does. It's just that it's always the same data as the other 4GB set.

R9 295x2 owner here.

The answer is no.

the game reads it as 8GB, maybe, BUT. you can only really use 4GB pr GPU.

the game still reads 8GB, so the remaining data is sent to the pagefile.

That is it folks. Problem solved.