Star Wars: Battlefront Beta Key Giveaway - Courtesy of Logitech G!

Hey all,

The awesome folks over at Logitech G (in partnership with LucasArts) have given us five Star Wars: Battlefront beta keys to give away today!

Entry is simple - comment below mentioning why you want to try the Star Wars: Battlefront beta (huge Star Wars fan? Just want to see what all the hype is about?). That's it!

And, while this isn't a requirement, if you're happy to see giveaways like this you should go follow @LogitechG on Twitter and say thanks for hooking the community up with these keys!

Rules:

1. One entry (comment) per person.

2. Only enter if you will actually use the key!

3. If you win, please try to reply promptly. Winners will have 24 hours to reply before a new winner is chosen.

This giveaway will have a VERY quick turnaround. The five winners will be chosen at approximately 5:30pm PT, ~6 hours from now. Winners will be contacted through a PM from me here on the forum.

Good luck all! :)

Winners are:

@LT_Ajax

@4ndrew

@givingtnt

@protonic

@DavidHawk62

Congrats guys, check your inboxes

I'm not here for a key (not really interested), but thanks anyways!

awsome. would definitely love a key. Thanks! and good luck to everyone else

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I've spent more time than i am proud of on the first two games (enough time to get me grounded for neglecting homework). I just want to see if its as great as my childhood seems to remember it as. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Would adore a key, I want to prove my mentality.

"Do i think it's going to be a fine game? Yes."
"Do i think it will be a cool addition to star wars? Yes"
But the game has such little in actual likeness to battlefront they have no right to call it that, and no gamers have the right to call it battlefront 3, which is not only WRONG, because that's not the name of the game, but also wrong in that dice has no right to call it "battlefront 'whatever' ." This game is far closer to a Star Wars battlefield than any Battlefront.

What makes a battlefront, as set by Battlefront (1) and with the addition of Battlefront 2
Swappable 3rd Person / 1st Person
Unmodifiable, swappable classes giving all player equal ground
minimum 32v32 matches, up to 64v64 (128 player cap)
Space Battles
Galactic Conquest gm - Both SP and MP
Single Player story mode / Offline mode
Many, many, many unique maps
Addons allowing players to create mods for the game on PC.
AI filling empty player slots on both online, and SP games, keeping the action across the map.
Air Vehicles on some maps, ground vehicles on all larger than 'small' maps 
Game modes like, conquest, CtF, KotH, TDM, FFA.
There are more there, but let's just leave that for a moment while we look at what this game has to offer.

Battlefield: Star Wars Edition, as it compares to the real Battlefronts
Swappable 3rd and 1st person, 
AI in offline/coop mode.
Air vehicles in some maps, ground vehicles on maps.
Similar game modes.

Alright, that's not looking very much alike. Only scoring 3.5/11 as what i've just compared to as being battlefront. Now lets look at how it compares to battlefield.

Battlefield, as established by Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, 4, and Hardline.
First Person - save special situation
Vehicles on most maps, Air Vehicles on large maps
Destrucible environments
Modifiable classes, some loadouts particularly early are not efficient/require lots of play to make work.
16v16 normally max in a match. 32v32 in battlefield 3.
Game modes like, Demolition, Rush, TDM, conquest.
Bullet Drop / pseudo realistic munitions mechanics
heavily based on Squad play
DLC up the ass.
Battlelog... the nightmare...

Once again, there are more, but those are core to what battlefield is. Now lets look at,

Battlefield: Star Wars Edition
Swappable 3rd/1st Person
Vehicles on most maps, Air vehicles on large maps.
Semi-Destructible environments.
Modifiable classes
16v16 matches
Game modes like... Demolition, TDM, conquest, otherwise known as, the same game modes, but with different names.
Pseudo realistic munitions mechanics
Heavily based on squad play
ALREADY DLC, AND EXCLUSIVE CONTENT FOR DELUXE PREORDERS
Very luckily, no shitty battlelog.

Alright, so thats... 8.5/10 on core. Hmm... It's almost like... This game, when to take away the fact that its star wars and you have third person, that this game is almost exactly like battlefield... Hmmmmm.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I have always considered the original battlefronts some of my favorite shooters to play with people back in the day, more so I want to try this EA version of battlefront so I have a feel for how good it will be because I have no reason to trust EA on that point. So yes I want key if it's offered

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

I want to see just how badly it's coded for myself - no game should NEED 16GB of RAM for any logical reason >.> - bigger and better games only ask for 4-8GB.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

My brother's wedding is this weekend in Vegas so I won't be able to play Friday through Sunday. Getting the early access beta key would enable me to get a day or two more time to play

i'm here! really i'd like to play this game asap!!!
just wondering ho my actual hardware it's gonna rock :D

I'm here because my YouTube sub box is full of it. I need to see what the big fuss is all about.

Please, I've been watch it on twitch and it looks epic

Yeah now i can play if i win :D

Tag me if you need me :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop:                                       Laptop:        
CPU - i7-4790k                            CPU: I7 7700HQ
GPU - Inno3D 1080TI                  GPU: 1060
Mobo - Gigabyte Z97X-SLI          Memory: 16 GB
Memory - 32 GB DDR3                Storage: 1256GB
Storage - 11 TB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: ONEPLUS 6 128GB

I would definitely love to try the game. Huge Star Wars fan and the game seems to be fantastic! Thanks! 

6h turnaround? its going open beta in ~12h

its something ¯\_(ツ)_/¯