New PC, video problem :(

shomy993
Go to solution Solved by Dr_Nooberious,

I think you need to download the 4k monitor's Driver from the manufacturer's website to get full functionality from the display (if it is a monitor). Windows's driver are generic meant to work with a variety of product but it is not optimized for specifics.

hope this helps.

Hello! Toda i`ve built a new pc with 4k display (dell p2415q). All is fine until i play 4k video (youtube or from my storage), beacause it`s simply said choppy, laggy. It might be just in my mind, but windows 10 animations also seem unfluid. The pc states that im running monitor on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and on 64Hz(?). I used windows update to install the drivers... Does anyone have an idea what might be a problem, I`m really bummed now :(

Specs: Xeon e3 1231v3, gb gtx960 2gb, 16gb ram, asrock h81m-itx and 850evo

cVGUiSx.png?1

Hello! Toda i`ve built a new pc with 4k display (dell p2415q). All is fine until i play 4k video (youtube or from my storage), beacause it`s simply said choppy, laggy. It might be just in my mind, but windows 10 animations also seem unfluid. The pc states that im running monitor on "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" and on 64Hz(?). I used windows update to install the drivers... Does anyone have an idea what might be a problem, I`m really bummed now :(

Specs: Xeon e3 1231v3, gb gtx960 2gb, 16gb ram, asrock h81m-itx and 850evo

cVGUiSx.png?1

Swap to 59/60 hz. Make sure your nvidia drivers are up to date, and then post utilization statistics during the choppy parts (cpu/gpu/disk/ram etc from either task manager of msi afterburner.)

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Install the latest driver update from the nvidia website

Swap to 59/60 hz. Make sure your nvidia drivers are up to date, and then post utilization statistics during the choppy parts (cpu/gpu/disk/ram etc from either task manager of msi afterburner.)

Also if the you tube problem keeps on happening try double checking your internet connection. Make sure your internet can actually properly handle 4k video streaming. Reset your entire home network by removing its power (unplug the router and if you have it, the modem as well) for a minute or two and then try again (also shut your PC down for that time and remove it from the power as well to make sure it the NIC doesn't have any power to it). 

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Install the latest driver update from the nvidia website

I just installed the drivers from nvidia site, but dont have any other option besides 64Hz...

I think you need to download the 4k monitor's Driver from the manufacturer's website to get full functionality from the display (if it is a monitor). Windows's driver are generic meant to work with a variety of product but it is not optimized for specifics.

hope this helps.

hope this helps.

Well, this did the trick... Never thought I`d need driver for a simple monitor xD Thank you!

Well, this did the trick... Never thought I`d need driver for a simple monitor xD Thank you!

My Pleasure. :)