8K 9.6inch IPS and 8K 13.3 inch OLED display introduced

GoodBytes

Or it didn't have one at all, and the text wasn't properly interpreted by window's attempt to re-scale it. (I generally only see it on old rich gui's)

Normally Windows would scale the window as an image for unsupported software, so it appears blurry'ish.

What you can do is right-click on the program shortcut or executable, go under the "Compatibility" tab, and check the box to disable high-scaling, and the program will appear 100% DPI, no scale. Unless Microsoft evaluates that it can scale at least the text, it will.

This would be amazing for VR! (Assuming GPU's would be able to power it.)

so 90fps minimum.............you be high af.

single GPUs still struggle with that at 1440p.......much less 8K

Eventually, when the technology catches up to make this viable, we can have neuro implants that project it in our minds.

so 90fps minimum.............you be high af.

single GPUs still struggle with that at 1440p.......much less 8K

Eventually, when the technology catches up to make this viable, we can have neuro implants that project it in our minds.

Well if someone's buying an 8K display they are likely rich enough to buy 4 of the most powerful gpus available at the time of purchase to make the entire setup at least slightly viable. Also you say modern GPUs struggle with 1440p... but Battlefront 3 (No EA I won't call it Battlefront as that game came out years ago) apparently runs really well on higher end cards. Like 40-50 on UHD http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/463138-star-wars-battlefront-benchmarked-on-nvidia-and-amd-runs-best-on-radeon-%E2%80%93-exceptionally-well-optimized-across-the-board/ now just scale that by 2-3.5 times and you get an estimate of how 4 GPUs could perform.

Anyways this tablet would be too large at nearly 10inches so they would have to shrink it even more. Not to mention that resolution isn't even the most important factor of a good display.

915 DPI

WHAT THE FUCK YO

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

You have clearly never used Windows with a high-dpi settings.

Please test first, then you can comment. Please stop spreading FUD from others that you read about.

At work I use a 4K monitor 150% DPI setting. I know how well it works. I use it every single day hours on end.

I used a macbook retina with 150% and 200% DPI on windows 7. The icons looked great, but the text was a bit dodgy and all the programs (except for ones that were optimized for high DPI such as firefox) looked really blurry. Not sure how much it has improved with windows 8.1 and 10.

EDIT:

You definitely want Windows 8 and up. Preferably Win10

Oh so windows 7 is not good for high DPI setups I guess...

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

Can we get OLED desktop monitors?

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |