"Wireless Network Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Go to solution Solved by User1868,

What address is the interface receiving? This will help us know a bit more about the issue.

Also if you want to resolve the issue manually you can assign a static IP address, gateway and dns server. This will work but you'll have to change this address if you ever change networks and you will have to exclude the address you have assigned manually form the pool of addresses your router will try to hand out.

I have resolved the problem. The weird thing is that the problem was with svchost.exe (localnetworkrestricted) was using up 75%+ of my CPU and when I killed the process I immediately was connected. The problem has since disappeared

For some reason only my machine with Windows 10 gets this problem. I have tried changing router settings and looking through my computer settings as well as trying multiple times to troubleshoot the problem with Windows. Nothing is working.

Please help ;)

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Is your router using DHCP? Check if the option is available. What DHCP does is auto assign ip addresses for IPv4. Turning it back on might let everything reconfigure again.​

IPCONFIG /RELEASE then /renew

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

Is your router using DHCP? Check if the option is available. What DHCP does is auto assign ip addresses for IPv4. Turning it back on might let everything reconfigure again.​

Dhcp is on and the WIERD thing is that other devices and computers can normally connect only the one with Windows 10 won't

CPU - i5-8400 , Motherboard - ASROCK Z370 Killer SLI, RAM - 2x8 GB DDR4 2400mhz , GPU - EVGA GTX 950 SC, Case - SilentiumPC PAX M70 Pure Black V2 Storage - 240GB SanDisk SSD, 1TB WD Blue, PSU - bequite! 600w Pure Power 10, Display - Dell P2417H, Cooling - bequiet! Pure Rock, Keyboard - Viper V730, Mouse - natec Genesis G55, Sound - Philips MCD712, OS - Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

I actually had the same problem last night with my brother's PC. I fixed it but it was not related to the PC at all, it was the a problem with the router, I restarted it and it was fine.

CPU: I5-7600k(5.1GHz)                                                       RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED(2x8GB @ 3200MHz/CAS-15)              Case: Cooler Master HAF 912

Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO                                                      Storage: 850 EVO 250GB - 2x(1TB WD Blue(Raid 0))                                   PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W B2

Mobo: ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO                                       GPU: G1 GTX 970                                                                                                  OS: Windows 10

Dhcp is on and the WIERD thing is that other devices and computers can normally connect only the one with Windows 10 won't

What address is the interface receiving? This will help us know a bit more about the issue.

Also if you want to resolve the issue manually you can assign a static IP address, gateway and dns server. This will work but you'll have to change this address if you ever change networks and you will have to exclude the address you have assigned manually form the pool of addresses your router will try to hand out.

I have resolved the problem. The weird thing is that the problem was with svchost.exe (localnetworkrestricted) was using up 75%+ of my CPU and when I killed the process I immediately was connected. The problem has since disappeared