How do I detect bottleneck in my rig?

CGameDev

So I built my rig and overclock my gpu but when am playing certain game the frames seem to freeze for split seconds. Especially need for speed rivals.

My configure is:

Cpu: 6700k @4600

Ram: 32gb @ 2400

Gpu Evga SC Titan X

Storage: m.2 ssd 250gb

203c3d46eb4047ff57359ea221550b12.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?

if you're CPU/GPU is not 99-100% when on load. that is bottleneck.

EDIT: like anyone says, your system is balanced, there should not be any Bottleneck.

Highly doubt there's a bottleneck with your system.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I have no idea what I have, but I will try putting it back to stock

So I built my rig and overclock my gpu but when am playing certain game the frames seem to freeze for split seconds. Especially need for speed rivals.

My configure is:

Cpu: 6700k @4600

Ram: 32gb @ 2400

Gpu Evga SC Titan X

Storage: m.2 ssd 250gb

Does anyone have any ideas?

That is not a bottleneck, that is Windows taking a shit.

Primary: Lenovo T61 / Intel Core2Duo T7200 @ 2.2GHz / 3GB DDR2 / NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M / Fedora 22 <<<< THE WHITE KNIGHT

Secondary: Compaq Presario CQ56 / AMD V130 @ 2.3GHz / 2GB DDR3 / AMD Radeon HD 4250 / Windows 8.1 <<< THE FORGOTTEN HERO

And you think you have a bottleneck? HA!

Of course he has a bottleneck, everybody does. His GPU is just bottlenecking his CPU, instead of the other way round.

Oh, that could be all sorts of things. Could be SSD Stutter, could be a software issue, could be lack of stability on the overclocks, there's really no way of knowing for sure.

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --

if you're CPU/GPU is not 99-100% when on load. that is bottleneck.

EDIT: like anyone says, your system is balanced, there should not be any Bottleneck.

That's not a bottleneck. Different loads use different parts more than others. It's pretty rare to have your CPU at 100% outside of benchmarks. In something like games, a lot of CPUs will sit below 40%, but it is not (always) a bottleneck. A bottleneck is a part of the system holding back something else because it can't keep up, not when something isn't at 100% load. 

That's not a bottleneck. Different loads use different parts more than others. It's pretty rare to have your CPU at 100% outside of benchmarks. In something like games, a lot of CPUs will sit below 40%, but it is not (always) a bottleneck. A bottleneck is a part of the system holding back something else because it can't keep up, not when something isn't at 100% load. 

In games however if the GPU is not close to 100% (assuming things like V-Sync or FPS limit are disabled) then it is being held back, since the game should be trying to render as many frames as possible.

@xiiijamaican Make sure you quote or @ people when you're responding because most people won't check the thread they reply to.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

On another subject... that's the most ghetto Titan I've seen o_o

its the kind of waterblock.

@xiiijamaican Make sure you quote or @ people when you're responding because most people won't check the thread they reply to.

will do, it's the app am using, still trying to get use to it.

Your Hardware match perfect. What ever the Problem is, its no Hardware Bottleneck.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Your Hardware match perfect. What ever the Problem is, its no Hardware Bottleneck.

ok, that's good to know. I have heard so many things. So are there any solutions?

If your frames are freezing, that's instability, not a bottleneck.

Since you said you overclocked your graphics card, you may not have overclocked it properly. Back it off to stock and see if the issue disappears. If it does, then your overclock is the concern. If it doesn't, then your hardware may be faulty. Since you have a block on the card, it's possible the block may not be seated properly. The GPU temperature reading only reports the temperature for the processor, not anything else on the board, but if any of that is overheating, it can create instability as well.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

lol there is no bottleneck,none.not even one little thing i could pick out. maybe your mouse..your mouse is the bottleneck lmao

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

Since you said you overclocked your graphics card, you may not have overclocked it properly. Back it off to stock and see if the issue disappears. If it does, then your overclock is the concern. If it doesn't, then your hardware may be faulty. Since you have a block on the card, it's possible the block may not be seated properly. The GPU temperature reading only reports the temperature for the processor, not anything else on the board, but if any of that is overheating, it can create instability as well.

i will put the gpu back to stock and see what happens.

There is no bottleneck you could maybe even do 2 titans and possibly not have a bottleneck with that cpu

Spoiler

Current:5820k, GTX 1070, NZXT phantom, EVGA 850g2, 16GB DDR4, x99 deluxe, 850 Evo 120GB, 2x1tb RAID 1, 850 Evo 500GB

OLD rig/web server/screw around with/ Core 2 Quad Q6600, 6GB ddr2, 650watt older Antec, GTX 970, 1x640GB 2.5" 5400 RPM, 1x120GB SSD

LAPTOP// i5 6300HQ, Intel HD 530, 120gb 850 evo, 256GB Toshiba SATA M.2, 15.6" 1080P IPS, 8GB DDR3L Inspiron 7559

Spoiler

Phone: LG X Venture (Main Phone)

LG Nexus 5(2013) no service, but I have it rooted with a custom ROM and so the battery life is really good, so I use it for music and some other stuff, I only sometimes carry it with me

Spoiler

I think it may be windows or the driver cause I keep getting .net framework error and at times it says nvidia driver as just recovered from a fatal error. Is Windows 10 causing this?

i will put the gpu back to stock and see what happens.

So I put everything back to stock and I am still getting the same prob. the Titan max temp 55c and cpu max temp 65c whether i am playing DMC or NFS rivals at times the frame or games freezes for 2-4 seconds every m10 to 15 sec. I dont know if its a Windows 10 issue but i never add these prob with earlier windows with my other rig that has the gtx 780 6GB on win 8.1... Do you recommend i go back to Windows 8.1 or low as 7?

So I put everything back to stock and I am still getting the same prob. the Titan max temp 55c and cpu max temp 65c whether i am playing DMC or NFS rivals at times the frame or games freezes for 2-4 seconds every m10 to 15 sec. I dont know if its a Windows 10 issue but i never add these prob with earlier windows with my other rig that has the gtx 780 6GB on win 8.1... Do you recommend i go back to Windows 8.1 or low as 7?