Server hosting on SSD vs HDD

CaptainEinstein

I apologise in advance if this is not the subforum for this type of question.

Before you say anything, well I'm just a gamer who once and awhile host a server for me and my friends to play on. For games like Gmod and Modded Minecraft etc. But I've been wondering. Would there be a difference hosting a server on an SSD vs a HDD. Asking this because I have an old WD Blue 5400RPM 500GB repurposed from my old build that I've put on my main build. I have no use for it atm so I was wondering if there would be a difference if I used this instead of my OS ssd drive to host servers? Other than faster loading times? Are there any benefits to it? Educate me.

unless you get into the really high end stuff you can host off whatever storage media you want, and it doesnt matter all that much...

(example: this forum has 2000+ people online at all times, and even a regular SSD doesnt really do the trick there anymore)

unless you get into the really high end stuff you can host off whatever storage media you want, and it doesnt matter all that much...

(example: this forum has 2000+ people online at all times, and even a regular SSD doesnt really do the trick there anymore)

For about 36 people would an SSD benefit?