My R9 build

Go to solution Solved by lior1111,

that unit looks a little old but i think it will still be better.

And why?

well

high-end premium components that can handle high temperatures and high voltages better than lower tier stuff.

ok i think im inviting this guy 

lrg16014.jpg

Price: 6876 ₪

thank you all for the endless support , thank you hydra for helping me choose a psu , next step will be ups but thats nothing .. all the other stuff i can surely do alone.

So from now on , after checking benchmarks on the r9 390x vs gtx 970 , i might become an amd guy :D

I liked geforce so far but i didnt really know why i didnt even check on the amd's and theyre actually really good! 

so to make a long story short . here is the build : 

lrg16014.jpg

Price: 6761 ₪

6761 NIS is like 1745$ , for you guys it would probably cost much less but thats the best i can do in that country :D

2 more things , the sshd is planned into this build and i couldnt find it on coolermaster power consumption calculator so i just wrote an ssd and i figured ill take a 600W .
as for ups , i dont know any company of the ones i can get , so i need help picking one from this list : http://en.ksp.co.il/?select=.226.&store=KSP03 
thats pretty much wraps it up , do you think its a good build? what should i change? is 600W enough? 
Thanks in advance! :)

So from now on , after checking benchmarks on the r9 390x vs gtx 970 , i might become an amd guy :D

I liked geforce so far but i didnt really know why i didnt even check on the amd's and theyre actually really good! 

so to make a long story short . here is the build : 

lrg16014.jpg

Price: 6761 ₪

6761 NIS is like 1745$ , for you guys it would probably cost much less but thats the best i can do in that country :D

2 more things , the sshd is planned into this build and i couldnt find it on coolermaster power consumption calculator so i just wrote an ssd and i figured ill take a 600W .
as for ups , i dont know any company of the ones i can get , so i need help picking one from this list : http://en.ksp.co.il/?select=.226.&store=KSP03 
thats pretty much wraps it up , do you think its a good build? what should i change? is 600W enough? 
Thanks in advance! :)

Last second feedback/questions!

1. Im not sure if that is a good powersupply or not, if anyone knows if its good or not please tell me

2. Why 16GB of RAM?

dont get an sshd get a separate hdd and sdd

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

It would be better if you have a separate ssd and a hdd. You could just get a 120 gb ssd for the os and programs. Samsung, hyperx, corsair are good brands to pick from. Don't go for the kingston v300.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

600W should be fine but change that PSU to an EVGA Gs/G2 650 or Antec High Current Gamer or anything seasonic or superflower. Don't bother with an SSHD, the SSD in it is only used as cache, so just get a seperate HDD and SSD (Like an 850 Evo or Crucial BX100)

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Last second feedback/questions!

1. Im not sure if that is a good powersupply or not, if anyone knows if its good or not please tell me

2. Why 16GB of RAM?

well its one of the only good ones in that site , but if you recommend me another one i guess i can worst case scenario import it

dont get an sshd get a separate hdd and sdd

for what reason if i may ask?

well its one of the only good ones in that site , but if you recommend me another one i guess i can worst case scenario import it

because for os an ssd will be much faster and for files and games the difference between a hdd and sshd isnt that great. Also you can put games on your ssd and make them so much quicker to load

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

because for os an ssd will be much faster and for files and games the difference between a hdd and sshd isnt that great. Also you can put games on your ssd and make them so much quicker to load

yeah but ssd and hdd is so much more expensive for me , its exceeding my budget by too far , do you have any idea of getting this setup with lower cash? like what manufacturers or something

600W should be fine but change that PSU to an EVGA Gs/G2 650 or Antec High Current Gamer or anything seasonic or superflower. Don't bother with an SSHD, the SSD in it is only used as cache, so just get a seperate HDD and SSD (Like an 850 Evo or Crucial BX100)

The issue is the site hes looking at (that is his only option for a build) has VERY limited selection on parts/psus I was trying to help him but only use corsair AX units..which that site doesn't carry, so I was a bit lost in trying to find him a solid reputable psu. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

It would be better if you have a separate ssd and a hdd. You could just get a 120 gb ssd for the os and programs. Samsung, hyperx, corsair are good brands to pick from. Don't go for the kingston v300.

250 GB ssd's tend to be almost 1.5x better in price to capacity of 120 GB models.

But yea.  

@OP without knowing other product prices I can't say if it looks better or worse than it could, but outside of the sshd thing my only comment (outside of our 390x conversation) is that make sure you get a fully modular psu. You won't regret it.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Alternative powersupplies:

http://ru.ksp.co.il/?uin=10264

http://ru.ksp.co.il/?uin=9814

http://ru.ksp.co.il/?uin=22247

http://ru.ksp.co.il/?uin=13683

http://ru.ksp.co.il/?uin=9815

I hope these arent over budget, if not take one of these instead.

250 GB ssd's tend to be almost 1.5x better in price to capacity of 120 GB models.

But yea.  

@OP without knowing other product prices I can't say if it looks better or worse than it could, but outside of the sshd thing my only comment (outside of our 390x conversation) is that make sure you get a fully modular psu. You won't regret it.

yeah i intend to , for the right price :P im not rich or anything but ill try to get some tips about ups's from sellers here in my country and ill just get the best i can :P

<3 My R9 390X

CPU : FX-8350 lCooler Master Seidon 120 | MB : MSI 970 Gaming l RAM : 16GB HyperX Fury l GPU : MSI R9 390X l Case : Bitfenix Neos Windowed Black l SSD : 240Gb HyperX Savage + 1TB 2.5" HDD l 750W M PSU | Monitor 29" 21:9 2560x1080 Ultra Wide 

But yea.  

other than that? hows the build :P

So first here's what I would consider changing:

- Getting a Xeon E3-1231v3 and a H97/B85/H81 motherboard gets you a more powerful CPU and you don't need to get such expensive cooler, you can get a Hyper 212 Evo with it so overall it would be significantly cheaper.
- I do not think it's worth to get a 390X right now, a 390 is better price/performance-wise or a 290X if you can still find it but considering you'll have money from getting a xeon you can get a better card than 390X
- If you're going for a high-end Radeon card get yourself a 700W power supply, 600 might be enough etc but it simply leaves more headroom for upgrades (preferably EVGA/Seasonic)
- Don't get an SSHD, get a 120GB SSD from Samsung or Intel and a 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

alittle bit yeah :P ive put alot in the video card 

The PSU you have in the build is decent. So i think it should hold together but consider upgrading it if its making alot of noise because than its probably under alot more stress than it should be.

The PSU you have in the build is decent. So i think it should hold together but consider upgrading it if its making alot of noise because than its probably under alot more stress than it should be.

ok so youre saying , after i put 128gb SSD and 1TB HDD , i should order this beast or should i change another little thing because that my first build i dont know the little little things that need to be adjusted

ok so youre saying , after i put 128gb SSD and 1TB HDD , i should order this beast or should i change another little thing because that my first build i dont know the little little things that need to be adjusted

Hybrid drive solutions have actually proven to be very effective in real world performance (but of course a dedicated SSD and HDD will be better) but if you can raise your budget an SSHD is not that bad.

Hybrid drive solutions have actually proven to be very effective in real world performance (but of course a dedicated SSD and HDD will be better) but if you can raise your budget an SSHD is not that bad.

you mean if i cant , cause the SSD + HDD is more expensive in like 25$ , but other than that how would you rate this pc from 1-10 

you mean if i cant , cause the SSD + HDD is more expensive in like 25$ , but other than that how would you rate this pc from 1-10 

On a scale its impossible.

but i can tell you its really good but personally i would use slightly different components because there are some brands i prefer for certain components.

But that PSU needs switching...

Otherwise great build

On a scale its impossible.

but i can tell you its really good but personally i would use slightly different components because there are some brands i prefer for certain components.

But that PSU needs switching...

Otherwise great build

thanks! 

so i might change PSU but its not canada here unfortunately so i might have to stick with it , i dont think ill get disapointed by it though =/

thanks! 

so i might change PSU but its not canada here unfortunately so i might have to stick with it , i dont think ill get disapointed by it though =/

There were so good powersupplies on the site you showed.

Antec High Current Gamer (look for a picture with a box where it says "HIGH CURRENT") are great

and anything from Seasonic will do

Preferably something with 600w but 520w will be enough if you arent overclocking (i think).