Suggestion for a laptop for office work

Junes

Hello everyone

So nobody in my family has any clue about tech and I manage most of the stuff. Recently, my mum came to me wishing for a new laptop for work in the 500-800 price range. She just needs to run office programs so I don't need anything powerful. I already purchased an SSD for her old laptop a while ago. My question is whether I could just buy a cheaper laptop with a HDD and replace it with the SSD without losing the licensed Windows key. This worked with my 2012 Samsung ultrabook that had the license key saved on a seperate cache SSD on the MB. Not sure if it's the same today and with which models. 

I have a few ideas but don't generally know much about the laptop market. Any suggestions?

New Dell machines have the activation key on the MB. You shouldn't have any problems as long as you use the Dell media that comes with the Laptop.
*Just make sure to include this when you are ordering*
If you replace the HDD with an SSD not provided by Dell you will void your warranty, just something to consider.
I'm not sure about other brands. I have had trouble with a lenovo in the past. 

CPU : FX-8350 lCooler Master Seidon 120 | MB : MSI 970 Gaming l RAM : 16GB HyperX Fury l GPU : MSI R9 390X l Case : Bitfenix Neos Windowed Black l SSD : 240Gb HyperX Savage + 1TB 2.5" HDD l 750W M PSU | Monitor 29" 21:9 2560x1080 Ultra Wide