Samsung 950 pro release date?

vXhanz

Hello,

Does anyone know when the new Samsung 950 pro will be released? I've read "October", but wasn't sure if anyone was able to find a specific day. I found one site that has it available for pre-order but I am not familiar with it and am not comfortable pre-ordering from them. 

Thank you. 

Edit:

http://www.excaliberpc.com/636628/samsung-950-pro-series-mz-v5p256bw.html

Shows first week of November now on this website in case anyone is interested. 

Which website is that? 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I might just return my SM951 and buy this later...

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Did a little googling, and it shows this. I'm guessing they're legit. If it doesn't fall through, you can always dispute the transaction with your financial institution (I mainly use PayPal for this reason). Pre-orders usually don't charge until they ship/have the item on hand anyway.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I might just return my SM951 and buy this later...

I had an SM951 that arrived two days prior to the Samsung press release, so I returned it to Amazon. The OEM version doesn't have support from Samsung, and has a shorter warranty. I can wait 30 days to get this drive.

I had an SM951 that arrived two days prior to the Samsung press release, so I returned it to Amazon. The OEM version doesn't have support from Samsung, and has a shorter warranty. I can wait 30 days to get this drive.

Awe, yeet!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I Found them for sale on an Australian site with release on 16/10/2015

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I Found them for sale on an Australian site with release on 16/10/2015

That would be cool if it's released at that time. I wonder if the November 5th is when that ExCalibur company will get them vs. their actual release date. I'm going to hold off and see if Amazon will get them. 

I'm awaiting mine. ETA 16th October. Will be installing in a new system. I'll post when it's in & working

That's great! Let us know how it goes. Still not available in the States.

Will do - here's to hoping I can get a smooth boot from this puppy. I'll benchmark as soon as I have a clean install of Win 10 & the utilities loaded. Suggested benchmark program?

Any updates on this? I am really hoping to get one of these ASAP.

Any updates on this? I am really hoping to get one of these ASAP.

Supplier issues... I've been told it should come in this week. I'm just as interested in seeing how it performs as well as it'll be my boot drive.

November 6th is when it might be available...

No offence, but everyone has an opinion, and everyone has a differing story. Like nobody knows except for Samsung. End of story.

The rest is marketing BS & as bad as pre-ordering. Creating a need instead of responding appropriately to a need in the PC community. Can't even follow through on what they tell their retailers. Bad form Samsung. Super bad form. When money is more important than the product I know I should be careful.

Guys, I've been on it, and Samsung definitely don't even have this on the radar for a definite date, or choosing not to share reasons why. Don't be surprised if there are larger issues lying behind this hold-up. But saying that... If you're happy with the hype train - all the best with it. I'm not big on empty marketing strategies.

Please share if you get one though, I'm interested in this product & would love to be wrong & hear it blitzes the competion.

I ordered mine from Ramcity, it is due to be in stock next week and shipped immediately. Only the 256 and 512gb versions are available at this time.

https://www.ramcity.com.au/upgrade/data-storage/internal-solid-state-drives/samsung-950-pro-m.2-pcie/142100

Date for stock is Oct 26.

Phanteks Enthoo Elite | Intel I9 - 7900X | Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme | MSI 1080 TI 

32Gb Dominator Platinum Special Edition Blackout 3200MHz  | Samsung 960 Pro | 2x Samsung 961 Pro (Raid 0) 256Gb M.2 SSD  

Samsung 850 Pro 512Gb | WD Black 4TB | Corsair AX1200i

Newegg is showing December 1st, 2015 on their website for US residents.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147466&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

I think I'm going to order my backup drive and use that for my main OS until this comes out, I can't push my build back another month as that effects my kids schooling too much. 

Amazon in the US now lists the 950 pro for pre order. I placed an order, says November 2nd for arrival.