First time builder, need help

Go to solution Solved by Noyu,

Taguig City. due to some circumstances i cant really go to gilmore and i dont think i can go to dynaquest either im 95% sure that i will be buying from PCX even though the prices there are a bit higher compared to dynaquest. im also considering an r9 380 instead of gtx 960, what do you think?

r9 380 = 10k

gtx 960 = 13k

huge price difference + same performance (atleast 9% better according to some youtube guy)

there's a dynaquest in makati. still can't go there? R9 380 FOR DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS shoot for a 4gb 380 though if possible

fp8p49.png

^bababaaaaaanggg....

this is exactly what i needed to know :)

i searched for xeons but i dont think i can get it so should i just go for a 2nd hand i7 4790? im pretty sure i can get it for a little bit over $200. i dont really want to overclock

there arent many parts that i can choose from and they are usually more expensive so it is really hard for someone like me to build a half decent unit :lol:

Yeah, I highly suggest buying a second hand cpu especially if it's locked. There's hardly anything that could be wrong with it so as long as no pins are bent, you're pretty much golden  :)

Yeah, I highly suggest buying a second hand cpu especially if it's locked. There's hardly anything that could be wrong with it so as long as no pins are bent, you're pretty much golden  :)

i also think i should buy a second hand case and memory to save even more, what do you think?

i also think i should buy a second hand case and memory to save even more, what do you think?

A case sure, for the memory it depends on the price difference between the brand new and used. A used ram is cheaper but has no warranty while a brand new ram would cost more but has warranty, you could determine then if the price difference would justify the price for the warranty. This is totally only based on my own experiences but I have never had a ram die. Also it's worth noting that if the used ram still has a warranty, then that would be the safest, most cost efficient way of obtaining RAM (people usually sell like this when they suddenly need money, received it as a gift or something). 

hahaha i dont even know what that '84w tdp' means.. the power usage? maybe 500w is a bit too much? :)

also, im thinking of getting one of these:

http://dynaquestpc.com/product/asrock-h97m-anniversary/

http://dynaquestpc.com/product/asus-b85-pro-gamer-2/

i wont overclock, what do you think?

tdp is thermal dissipation. The higher the wattage, the higher the thermal output and the bigger the cooler you need.

-snipperoni-

Filipino here, also planning my build (for almost 1 year now) with about 750$ (35000 PhP) budget. but my priorities are a little bit different.

I won't suggest brands, I'll just give that to the other people that chance (or maybe Ill send one later after work).

Motherboard: B85 is THE PERFECT chipset for you. PERFECT. So maybe look for B85Ms (mATX mobo, sweetspot size for budget builds)

CPU: If you can buy your friends i5 for cheaps, do it, as long as you're friends and he gives you a "personal warranty" for it, why not.

If not, go with an i5 4690 or an i7 4790. Xeons are ghosts here in our country.

GPU: 950 or 960 if you stick with nVidia. if not, R9 380. note that the R9 380 will have more raw power than the 960, at the same pricepoint.

Memory: Go with a single stick 8GB. Then you can upgrade to 16GB, then 24, so on and so forth. As needed basis.

Case: this one, i'll suggest brands. Usually the case is preferential, so set a budget, then choose which ones looks better. I'd suggest Tecware, Cooler Master, Fractal, Deep Cool. They have cases downwards of 2000PhP.

PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze. period. all the others (here in the PH) are either lower tiered, or too expensive.

Aside from DynaQuest, you can check PCHub, and EasyPC from tipidpc.com

They're like the Big 3 here.

P.S.

Pricing on these stores are CASH BASIS. If you're gonna use a credit card, they're gonna slap you with additional charges.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

A case sure, for the memory it depends on the price difference between the brand new and used. A used ram is cheaper but has no warranty while a brand new ram would cost more but has warranty, you could determine then if the price difference would justify the price for the warranty. This is totally only based on my own experiences but I have never had a ram die. Also it's worth noting that if the used ram still has a warranty, then that would be the safest, most cost efficient way of obtaining RAM (people usually sell like this when they suddenly need money, received it as a gift or something). 

then i think ill also go for a second hand ram since i never really get to use the warranties in the last 8 years, thanks! :D

tdp is thermal dissipation. The higher the wattage, the higher the thermal output and the bigger the cooler you need.

another one topic to learn. thanks!

Filipino here, also planning my build (for almost 1 year now) with about 750$ (35000 PhP) budget. but my priorities are a little bit different.

I won't suggest brands, I'll just give that to the other people that chance (or maybe Ill send one later after work).

Motherboard: B85 is THE PERFECT chipset for you. PERFECT. So maybe look for B85Ms (mATX mobo, sweetspot size for budget builds)

CPU: If you can buy your friends i5 for cheaps, do it, as long as you're friends and he gives you a "personal warranty" for it, why not.

If not, go with an i5 4690 or an i7 4790. Xeons are ghosts here in our country.

GPU: 950 or 960 if you stick with nVidia. if not, R9 380. note that the R9 380 will have more raw power than the 960, at the same pricepoint.

Memory: Go with a single stick 8GB. Then you can upgrade to 16GB, then 24, so on and so forth. As needed basis.

Case: this one, i'll suggest brands. Usually the case is preferential, so set a budget, then choose which ones looks better. I'd suggest Tecware, Cooler Master, Fractal, Deep Cool. They have cases downwards of 2000PhP.

PSU: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze. period. all the others (here in the PH) are either lower tiered, or too expensive.

Aside from DynaQuest, you can check PCHub, and EasyPC from tipidpc.com

They're like the Big 3 here.

P.S.

Pricing on these stores are CASH BASIS. If you're gonna use a credit card, they're gonna slap you with additional charges.

Thanks man you really saved me! you answered all of my worries. what is currently your preffered graphics card model for your build? :wub:

then i think ill also go for a second hand ram since i never really get to use the warranties in the last 8 years, thanks! :D

another one topic to learn. thanks!

Thanks man you really saved me! you answered all of my worries. what is currently your preffered graphics card model for your build? :wub:

On my build, it would be a Zotac AMP! GTX 950. But again, in my case, I have different priorities. So different that my build doesnt make sense.

For example, Pentium G3258 CPU with a Z97M-PLUS motherboard. Mobo Price = x1.5 Procie price.

I (and others here) would still suggest you go for the R9 380. Or if you can, a 3GB R9 280x (I think there're 2nd-hand's of these).

This has piqued my interest. I'll try researching for your build tonight.

How much (in peso) would that friend's i5 be?

BTW: you don't NEED a cooler, you can just reallocate the funds somewhere. And MAYBE get a cooler later on AS NEEDED.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

On my build, it would be a Zotac AMP! GTX 950. But again, in my case, I have different priorities. So different that my build doesnt make sense.

For example, Pentium G3258 CPU with a Z97M-PLUS motherboard. Mobo Price = x1.5 Procie price.

I (and others here) would still suggest you go for the R9 380. Or if you can, a 3GB R9 280x (I think there're 2nd-hand's of these).

This has piqued my interest. I'll try researching for your build tonight.

How much (in peso) would that friend's i5 be?

BTW: you don't NEED a cooler, you can just reallocate the funds somewhere. And MAYBE get a cooler later on AS NEEDED.

i5-4690 for 8k or i7-4790 for 10k (im leaning towards the i7 for now)

i wont overclock

i actually considered getting the G3258 but im really not into overlocking and i think ill be needing the extra cores for my studies (animation student here)

i decided to follow your suggested build: b85 motherboard + gtx 960.

Motherboard: i still need to choose

http://pcx.com.ph/components/motherboard/intel-platform.html?mb_chipset=226

GPU: almost final, decided to stick with nvidia

http://pcx.com.ph/msi-gtx-960-gaming-2g-2gb-ddr5-128bit-video-card.html

update: im thinking of getting an R9-380 over this after a few searches

PSU: my mortal enemy- i changed it 4 times over the last 8 years and decided not to buy a generic one this time :angry:

-need help, i really dont know what to do with this one-

http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply.html?dir=asc&order=price

Final:(second hand)

CPU, Memory, Casing

Budget: 30~35k Php

Many thanks man, i dont really have anyone to ask besides here

i5-4690 for 8k or i7-4790 for 10k (im leaning towards the i7 for now)

i wont overclock

i actually considered getting the G3258 but im really not into overlocking and i think ill be needing the extra cores for my studies (animation student here)

i decided to follow your suggested build: b85 motherboard + gtx 960.

Motherboard: i still need to choose

http://pcx.com.ph/components/motherboard/intel-platform.html?mb_chipset=226

GPU: almost final, decided to stick with nvidia

http://pcx.com.ph/msi-gtx-960-gaming-2g-2gb-ddr5-128bit-video-card.html

update: im thinking of getting an R9-380 over this after a few searches

PSU: my mortal enemy- i changed it 4 times over the last 8 years and decided not to buy a generic one this time :angry:

-need help, i really dont know what to do with this one-

http://pcx.com.ph/components/power-supply.html?dir=asc&order=price

Final:(second hand)

CPU, Memory, Casing

Budget: 30~35k Php

Many thanks man, i dont really have anyone to ask besides here

Before I proceed with the hammer. Where are you in the PH to be exact? prices at PCX are a bit steep as compared to the "Big 3" I just mentioned.

Karamo

Spoiler

Before I proceed with the hammer. Where are you in the PH to be exact? prices at PCX are a bit steep as compared to the "Big 3" I just mentioned.

Taguig City. due to some circumstances i cant really go to gilmore and i dont think i can go to dynaquest either im 95% sure that i will be buying from PCX even though the prices there are a bit higher compared to dynaquest. im also considering an r9 380 instead of gtx 960, what do you think?

r9 380 = 10k

gtx 960 = 13k

huge price difference + same performance (atleast 9% better according to some youtube guy)

r9 380 = 10k

gtx 960 = 13k

there's a dynaquest in makati. still can't go there? R9 380 FOR DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS shoot for a 4gb 380 though if possible

fp8p49.png

^bababaaaaaanggg....

Karamo

Spoiler

fp8p49.png

^bababaaaaaanggg....

thanks man i really appreciate the help more than you think! you rock! :D

no problem man. I just wanna be there for people like you.

no one was there for me (jk, tomshardware and linus was there)

I actually wanna start a blog like a for noobs by a noob kind of one. But naaaaahh ahahahaha

Karamo

Spoiler

it was really hard for a total noob like me to build my first unit, specially about psu requirements, cpu sockets, overclocking, cooling, cores+hypertreading, etc. :wacko:

PS: i dont even know SSDs existed!

-time to sleep-

it was really hard for a total noob like me to build my first unit, specially about psu requirements, cpu sockets, overclocking, cooling, cores+hypertreading, etc. :wacko:

PS: i dont even know SSDs existed!

-time to sleep-

such is the reason why we have these forums hahahahaha people suggest, we noobs learn.

Karamo

Spoiler