Which version of windows should I use?

Prowlin

7 for non bloatware but just go with 10. 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

10 Pro

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

Even with all the hate on 10 still go with it? I have seen on the spyware hate on 10? Sorry for all the questions. First build :D

Windows 7 Professional.

10 Pro

why specificly pro?

7 or 10, I'd probably go with 10, newer, 

Case: NZXT phantom CPU:I5-4460 GPU:MSI-GTX1070 Gaming X RAM:2x4Gb-DDR3-HyperX fury MOBO:Asus Z97-P HDD:Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm PSU:Sentey650W

Even with all the hate on 10 still go with it? I have seen on the spyware hate on 10? Sorry for all the questions. First build :D

theres tools to turn that stuff off, but i'd say wait a few more months to give W10 some time to mature.

why specificly pro?

You can delay updates if your busy this is for 10 btw, I still say 7 though due to windows 10's instability

Edited by AresKrieger

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

You can delay updates if your busy, I still say 7 though due to windows 10's instability

whatever happened to setting updates to manual?

On 7 it doesn't include the games which cleans up the start menu.

i dont think thats worth paying the extra cash tho...

Yeah i'd wait on W10. It's not quite ready yet, it's still kind of buggy and slow, and driver support is BAD.

Install 8.1 for now, you can easily upgrade to 10 later on.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

why specificly pro?

on Windows 10 Pro you can specify if you want to download updates or not

CPUIntel Core i7-4790K 4.8GHz Moherboard: MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition Memory: HyperX FURY White 24GB DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus GTX 970 Turbo

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750w SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB HDDWB Blue 1TB Monitor: (2x) BenQ GL2460HM 24-Inch Case: NZXT S340 White

so... i'm not sure how much a key costs, but windows server 2012 is about as "bloatware free" as you can get.

if you want to go crazy :P

on Windows 10 Pro you can specify if you want to download updates or not

can you not set updates to manual on non-pro win10?

if thats the case - of to linux i go...

Yeah that's my gripe with it as well as some updates are horrible at best, and it does force updates

Edited by AresKrieger

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

yes you're forced to download updates even if you don't want to

Yeah that's my gripe with it as well as some updates are horrible at best

yes you're forced to download update even if you don't want to

wellp... i should really bother with fixing up my arch linux install then..

Windows 7 and 10 Pro as dual boot.

post-199373-0-28526700-1444181887.jpg

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:ASRock Radeon RX 5500 XT 8GB Phantom Gaming D OC

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

so... i'm not sure how much a key costs

Windows keys r for noobz :P

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.