Star Wars Battlefront 3 - PC Requirements Listed ( 16GB Memory! )

I wonder whether people like you even played Battlefront originally? This is a reboot of the series and it seems to me that the new Battlefront is more or less just like the original Battlefront. Which btw, did not have space battles.

Even the space battles in BF2 was just full of kamikaze pilots, aloha snackbarring into other ships, or zerging towards the enemy bases to try to destroy them from the inside, or spawn kill enemies. I miss those days x.x

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I wonder whether people like you even played Battlefront originally? This is a reboot of the series and it seems to me that the new Battlefront is more or less just like the original Battlefront. Which btw, did not have space battles.

Homeboy. I am probably one of the most die hard battlefront fans of all time. And this game, is not battlefront. Even original battlefront had far, far more in common with battlefront two. They at least only added onto the existing game with new game modes and characters, not taking anything but prone and some ships out of some land battles. But in all, BF2 was a massive improvement to the original. This game that dice is making has so much taken away from it that it is only similar to battlefront in name, and in advertisement.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I did not, but I've played enough BattleFIELD to know that this is NOT a battlefield game.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well tbh, 8gb is pretty standard nowadays, who the fuck still plays AAA titles using 4gb of ram?

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Whats everyone all upset about. Seem like pretty easy specs to meet. And besides... its always a good when there's actually a reason to upgrade your hardware.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

How many maps will the game have? I heard it might only have 3 or 4. :(

I think the confusion is that there's three or four planets, and there are several maps for each planet. They might be different versions based on the other game types though. Like, maybe there's a Walker Assault, Survival, and Drop Zone map for each planet. Just my conjecture.

As for the topic, when have system requirements ever been something you can draw real conclusions from about the state of the game? They're usually very divorced from reality.

THIS GAME IS NOT FUCKING BATTLEFRONT I SWEAR TO GOD.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING BATTLEFIELD: STAR WARS EDITION

The sad thing is, if that were true I'd probably be a lot more interested in the game than I am. If anything it seems like they're sticking to some really odd, outdated design decisions and I personally think it could benefit from a little more Battlefield.

Guys the specs are not in any shape or form realistic I'm running the Beta on Ultra with a 670 I'm pretty sure a 660Ti/760 should also be enough for Ultra.
And considering this is without the game having drivers and DX12 support I bet it will run even better on launch.

RTX2070OC 

I did not, but I've played enough BattleFIELD to know that this is NOT a battlefield game.

Exactly since when is stuff like this possible in Battlefield:

RTX2070OC 

I think with people doing things like streaming which means chrome open while gaming 16gb it's required to leave something as a sacrifice to chrome

-------

Current Rig

-------

The name is wrong matey potaty.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL THIS GAME BATTLEFRONT 3

THIS GAME IS NOT BATTLEFRONT 3, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD, IF I SEE ANOTHER PERSON CALL IT BATTLEFRONT 3 I WILL LITERALLY FLIP EVEN MORE APESHIT THAN I AM NOW. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A FINE GAME? YES. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A COOL ADITION TO STAR WARS GAMES? YES. BUT IS IT BATTLEFRONT? NO - FUCKING - WAY. NO SPACE BATTLES, NO STORY/SINGLE PLAYER AT ALL, NO GALACTIC CONQUEST, NO 60/60 MATCHES. FUCKING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, FUCKING DLC, AND NO FUCKING SET CLASSES FORCING PEOPLE TO CONSTRAIN TO WORK IN A GROUP.

THIS GAME IS NOT FUCKING BATTLEFRONT I SWEAR TO GOD.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING BATTLEFIELD: STAR WARS EDITION

Battlefront 3.

You shouldn't judge until the game is out.

Exactly since when is stuff like this possible in Battlefield:

LOL, great clip.

How many maps will the game have? I heard it might only have 3 or 4. :(

4 planets with few maps on each, more planets will be added through time iirc. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Homeboy. I am probably one of the most die hard battlefront fans of all time. And this game, is not battlefront. Even original battlefront had far, far more in common with battlefront two. They at least only added onto the existing game with new game modes and characters, not taking anything but prone and some ships out of some land battles. But in all, BF2 was a massive improvement to the original. This game that dice is making has so much taken away from it that it is only similar to battlefront in name, and in advertisement.

Have you played Battlefront 3? I have, it isn't battlefield, as someone with 410 hours put into BF4 I can say that.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

GTX660 :o

That's some serious business! This game better look amazing!

looks like i need to upgrade my ram then

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Its recommended, not required. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Its the same thing with every AAA game we've seen lately, they think you should be balling out on hardware, when you dont need it.

Edit: Ppl also need to understand that 16GB is becoming more or less the standard that 8GB filled years back.

it is also a way for the industry to make people upgrade..

Far too many PCs run dual cores and GTX Thermi/Kepler/HD 6000 or 7000 series still.... Not that these machines cannot be used to play games. But developers has to try their best to make sure these people also can play... which is why graphics is nerfed in the texture deparment... because you can only have so many copies of a texture before a game becomes excessivly storage hungry... i mean 40-60GB is quite a lot of space, especially given that load times is not getting better and SSD storage space is not getting cheap fast enough to combat the ridiculous storage requirements with newer titles... (most devs dont bother with multi layered files and makes many large files instead of one huge)

That's fine, I'm just a GPU upgrade off of recommended specs. I doubt it really needs that much memory, but the 40GB hard drive space is a little large, then again this is a modern title to it's not all too surprising.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Makes sense, with bf4 ive come close to using all of my 12gb ram

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It is BS I just checked the ram usage and it doesn't take any more ram than Battlefield 4:

You've got into it already? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

That's fine, I'm just a GPU upgrade off of recommended specs. I doubt it really needs that much memory, but the 40GB hard drive space is a little large, then again this is a modern title to it's not all too surprising.

I think that's about how much disk space Battlefield 4 needs, maybe even a bit less. But of course, that's after 5 map packs. Titanfall, for it's part, made news before it's release for needing ~50 GB.