Star Wars Battlefront 3 - PC Requirements Listed ( 16GB Memory! )

PC Requirements listed - Pretty generic minus the recommended memory...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefronts-pc-system-requirements-reve/1100-6431176/

That's a lot of memory... the data sets pushed from disk to memory and the game engine must be huge. Anyone with a 6 Core Processor will see much better performance considering its on the Frostbite Engine too. 

Minimum PC System Requirements
  • Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
  • Memory: 8GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
  • Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
  • DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Recommended PC System Requirements
  • Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
  • Memory: 16GB RAM
  • Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
  • Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
  • DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
  • Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

WTF why?

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

We know like everything else and repost

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Assuming the video from Digital Foundry is a baseline for all maps, you should be able to run the game maxed out with a tier below the recommended specs.

lol no.

CPU: I7 4790k  CPU Cooler: NH-D15 GPUMSI 970 4gb   Motherboard: z97 Gaming 5 PSU: Corsair hx850   Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 gb  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo  Case: Air 540

Wait so they are actually recommending settings so people can play the game AND still have enough resources left to do OS stuff and have some other programs open. Ohh I'm so mad, burn them at the stake! /sarcasm

If you don't want to worry about keeping your system updated to play the latest games at high settings with a respectable framerate  and still be able to multitask they do make special devices just for you. They are called consoles.

Probably all will be needed because of all the memory leaks that'll occur :D

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

HAH.

I laugh at all those who said "16gb isn't the new minimum". WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

How many maps will the game have? I heard it might only have 3 or 4. :(

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

HAH.

I laugh at all those who said "16gb isn't the new minimum". WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?!

It's still not the minimum.

How many maps will the game have? I heard it might only have 3 or 4. :(

12 apparently.

As someone who doesn't get all the fuss....

This is extremely annoying after the 5th time of it being posted on the forum and have the same reactions...

Recommended is COMPLETELY Diffrent than REQUIRED

The name is wrong matey potaty.

DON'T YOU DARE CALL THIS GAME BATTLEFRONT 3

THIS GAME IS NOT BATTLEFRONT 3, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD, IF I SEE ANOTHER PERSON CALL IT BATTLEFRONT 3 I WILL LITERALLY FLIP EVEN MORE APESHIT THAN I AM NOW. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A FINE GAME? YES. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A COOL ADITION TO STAR WARS GAMES? YES. BUT IS IT BATTLEFRONT? NO - FUCKING - WAY. NO SPACE BATTLES, NO STORY/SINGLE PLAYER AT ALL, NO GALACTIC CONQUEST, NO 60/60 MATCHES. FUCKING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, FUCKING DLC, AND NO FUCKING SET CLASSES FORCING PEOPLE TO CONSTRAIN TO WORK IN A GROUP.

THIS GAME IS NOT FUCKING BATTLEFRONT I SWEAR TO GOD.

THIS GAME IS FUCKING BATTLEFIELD: STAR WARS EDITION

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Mod please lock this is like 4th report i have seen today. 

Magical Pineapples

It's still not the minimum.

12 apparently.

We're on that path though.

We're on that path though.

We're also on the path where 12 gigs of VRAM will be the minimum. :P

Point is, of course we're on a path where higher specs will be the minimum for these demanding games.

THIS GAME IS NOT BATTLEFRONT 3, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD, IF I SEE ANOTHER PERSON CALL IT BATTLEFRONT 3 I WILL LITERALLY FLIP EVEN MORE APESHIT THAN I AM NOW. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A FINE GAME? YES. DO I THINK IT WILL BE A COOL ADITION TO STAR WARS GAMES? YES. BUT IS IT BATTLEFRONT? NO - FUCKING - WAY. NO SPACE BATTLES, NO STORY/SINGLE PLAYER AT ALL, NO GALACTIC CONQUEST, NO 60/60 MATCHES. FUCKING EXCLUSIVE CONTENT, FUCKING DLC, AND NO FUCKING SET CLASSES FORCING PEOPLE TO CONSTRAIN TO WORK IN A GROUP.

I really think Battlefront 3 is going to be better than Battlefield.

Stop calling it battlefront 3..... it's not called battlefront 3 for a reason. It is a reboot to the series, not a sequel.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

This is in no way at all, a battlefield game. If it was, there would be ADS, as well as being constrained to first person mode only (except in vehicles). Not to mention that it wouldn't have any "hero" characters, as battlefield doesn't have that. Not to mention battle sizes of 32v32. Also, Battlefield games HAVE specific classes.

Seriously, do you even know a single thing about battlefield games?

Its recommended, not required. Stop getting your panties in a bunch. Its the same thing with every AAA game we've seen lately, they think you should be balling out on hardware, when you dont need it.

Edit: Ppl also need to understand that 16GB is becoming more or less the standard that 8GB filled years back.

Preach it, brother! 

I currently use 8GB of 2133mhz memory CL9 memory (secondary and tertiary timings as tight as physically possible) and i find that its almost not enough for the latest AAA titles. We are at the point now where 8GB is the absolute bare minimum for current AAA titles, and anything less can become a problem. We will slowly see that change too, as 12 and 16GB slowly become the new minimums (Don't ask who will use 12GB, i don't believe in running one 8+4gb setup, or 3x4gb setups). 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Preach it, brother! 

I currently use 8GB of 2133mhz memory CL9 memory (secondary and tertiary timings as tight as physically possible) and i find that its almost not enough for the latest AAA titles. We are at the point now where 8GB is the absolute bare minimum for current AAA titles, and anything less can become a problem. We will slowly see that change too, as 12 and 16GB slowly become the new minimums (Don't ask who will use 12GB, i don't believe in running one 8+4gb setup, or 3x4gb setups). 

12gb won't be a thing, 16gb will. And it needs to be a thing.

What REALLY needs to happen is that dual core gaming rigs need to DIE

Preach it, brother! 

I mean technically 12GB is a thing tho, lets say I were to salvage a random 4GB DIMM from some place and threw it in my 8GB system :P Many people do happen to fall under that category. I feel like 12GB is actually not too bad a capacity.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I wouldn't say it NEEDS to be a thing, but eventually, it will be a thing. Seeing as memory density is only getting better as time progresses, Skylake, a consumer platform, supports 64GB of memory. The same thing for Zen too. Won't be long until the average user starts using ramdisks as well, now that memory is getting cheaper and the stacking technology is improving. Still, i do not see the "need" in games using copious amounts of memory just yet. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I wonder whether people like you even played Battlefront originally? This is a reboot of the series and it seems to me that the new Battlefront is more or less just like the original Battlefront. Which btw, did not have space battles.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor