Safest way to ship an AMD cpu without original packaging?

Hey all

So I want to get rid of my CPU and since its AMD, it has the pins on the CPU and not the mobo. 

What is the best way I should package this so the pins dont get bent? 

Not 100% Sure, but probably anti static wrap, then loads of bubble wrap, and then loads of packing peanuts.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

If you still have the original box that should do just fine. otherwise you'll need something rigid that doesn't let it dance around much.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

See if you have the original box lying around, with that piece of foam that comes with it to protect the pins. Alternatively, if you're upgrading to another AMD cpu, ship it in the box of the new one.

I don't speak from experience, but I'd recommend a piece of protective foam similar to the one the processor was originally packaged in, within an enclosure tight enough to keep it from bumping around, wrapped in an anti-static bag and a ton of bubble-wrap. 

Try this. After you've done that I'd suggest an anti-static bag around it. 

That looks reasonable, but make sure you include the conductive foam to protect the pins. Sure, the processor isn't going to be moving around, but if pressure is placed on the top/bottom of the cardboard enclosure, it could put pressure on the pins and bend those- the last thing you want to happen.

If you can't find the original packaging, or at least a replacement box which fits a processor of the same size, then it's the next-best alternative.

I'd recommend putting the cardboard enclosure into bubble-wrap, and then into some sort of hard case, if possible. That way, it has less chance of flexing, and putting pressure on the delicate CPU pins inside.