Radeon r9 390 8gb vs GTX 970

lior1111

look , im not stupid but im very cautious! ive seen cases that ruined the card and as long as i wont need to in order to run smooth 55-60 fps i dont think i will overclock.

Although , its just a matter of time until ill give it a first try ;)

So , about the R9 , about the manufacturers , is there a favorite ? Im thinking between MSI or ASUS :P i saw MSI got a really nice heat preventing stuff though..

Asus amd cards are pretty bad. Between the 2, the msi is the superior one.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Asus amd cards are pretty bad. Between the 2, the msi is the superior one.

cool thanks alot , i think you made my way to being an amd fanboy a lot faster ;) jk , im just picking the best fps per $ for me =) thanks for everyones help ! the gtx 980 is a little bit too expensive for me but i saw the benchmarks and the 390x is not so far behind it =)

Not all 970s can hit that. My EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 is only good to 1430 MHz on GPU Boost 2.0 (that's after setting boost clock to 1367 MHz) even though the temps never get out of the 60s. Any higher than that and I get occasional driver crashes in games. I'm not going to put a new BIOS on and void my warranty.

Then you're a bad overclocker. Almost all 970s should easily do over 1500bc

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Then you're a bad overclocker. Almost all 970s should easily do over 1500bc

Really? Which one click should I do to get my 970 up to 1550 MHz?

I can't believe we still have people trying to recommend a 970 over a 390.  Stop lying to people and about performance.  Or deflecting away from inferior performance by trying to hype up power draw and heat like people are gaming not inside rooms, but ovens, or homeostatic dwellings where a fraction of a degree increase will cause everything to die.

Stop the deception.  2014 launch the 970 was the best for the segment, 2015 it's not, it loses, and anyone recommending it to anyone is willfully deceiving people unless they need some EXTREMELY niche feature like that guy with blender or some other thing that virtually no one needs or can't find a viable alternative for.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...