How to get +60Hz on a laptop, is it possible?

So, the thing is, I have a lenovo Y50 laptop with a dedicated GeForce 960M graphics card, I connected the monitor to the laptop using an HDMI cable. The monitor is ASUS VG278HE. Can I get a higher fps, more than 60Hz? what type of connection I need? is it even possible? Thanks!

It depends on the monitor, your monitor is 144hz, just turn off vsync

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

So, the thing is, I have a lenovo Y50 laptop with a dedicated GeForce 960M graphics card, I connected the monitor to the laptop using an HDMI cable. The monitor is ASUS VG278HE. Can I get a higher fps, more than 60Hz? what type of connection I need? is it even possible? Thanks!

You will probably want to use DisplayPort if that's an option.

Sig under construction.

I believe HDMI 1.4 supports 1080p at 120 Hz, but all that does is raise the cap. Your laptop will still only run your games as fast as it can, which may fall far short of 120 FPS in a lot of cases.

With that system it'll mostly depend on what game you're trying to run. But yes, over HDMI you should be able to get more than 60fps on an external monitor if it's supported.

HDMI wont do

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Thank you guys, the monitor is supported but when i want to change the fps the highest available is 60,unfortunately the laptop doesn't have a display port hub, and it can only be connected using HDMI cable, so you guys think I should try a 1.4 HDMI cable?

Thanks again

It depends on the monitor, your monitor is 144hz, just turn off vsync

I can't find that in the monitor's menu, could you please tell me how to do that so I can try it.

Thanks

I can't find that in the monitor's menu, could you please tell me how to do that so I can try it.

Thanks

Ah i found it, and it was already off.