PC keeps reseting randomly really fast

Avcoor

I have another friend with a more gaming oriented PSU and the micro-atx version of my board but he is currently out of town. I'll see if I can get his system.

By the symptoms the MoBo is most likely the culprit.

My real doubt right now is the lowering of the +12V value, if its normal or indicates a dying or faulty PSU.

My money is on the board tbh.

I agree with @Benji_w

The 12V should have about 10% tolerance, so 11.8V really isn't an issue, but from the other things you've described, it does sounds like the board or the PSU is dying.

Can't remember if you said you tested with another PSU, but you should do that if you can/haven't already.

No luck with that, then RMA your board.

Hope this helps! :)

I agree with @Benji_w

Can't remember if you said you tested with another PSU, but you should do that if you can/haven't already.

No luck with that, then RMA your board.

Hope this helps! :)

Didn't test my friend's PSU on my system because it was a really generic 500W Multilaser and I have trauma with generic PSUs. And also didnt test my PSU on his system because when he came we were in a hurry, so I just had time to test what was really easily detachable. 

When I'm able to get my hands on the other friend's system I'll do a more thorough test.

Can't RMA de board... its 2 years old, the warranty has already expired.

Intel i7-4770; ASUS Z97M-PLUS/BR ;Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz; EVGA Geforce 970 SC; Corsair TX550M; Raijintek Aeneas

Didn't test my friend's PSU on my system because it was a really generic 500W Multilaser and I have trauma with generic PSUs. And also didnt test my PSU on his system because when he came we were in a hurry, so I just had time to test what was really easily detachable. 

When I'm able to get my hands on the other friend's system I'll do a more thorough test.

Can't RMA de board... its 2 years old, the warranty has already expired.

My last gigabyte board had 4 years RMA IIRC, have you confirmed this with gigabyte?

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd

My last gigabyte board had 4 years RMA IIRC, have you confirmed this with gigabyte?

Yeah, for products aquired here in Brazil they give just 12 months.

From their site:

"Warranty

Motherboards: GIGABYTE provides a limited warranty of 12 months on all motherboards acquired through official channels in Brazil.

Terms of Guarantee

Motherboards: 12 Months"

;/

Intel i7-4770; ASUS Z97M-PLUS/BR ;Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz; EVGA Geforce 970 SC; Corsair TX550M; Raijintek Aeneas

Yeah, for products aquired here in Brazil they give just 12 months.

From their site:

"Warranty

Motherboards: GIGABYTE provides a limited warranty of 12 months on all motherboards acquired through official channels in Brazil.

Terms of Guarantee

Motherboards: 12 Months"

;/

Fucking hell are you serious? Omg that sucks!

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

I had the same problem with my system and it turned out to be my cpu cooler putting too much pressure on one side of the cpu. I switched to the stock Intel cooler and it was fixed. the cooler I was using was the Cooler Master 212 EVO. I haven't reattached it since. I'm thinking of going to a water cooler.

I had the same problem with my system and it turned out to be my cpu cooler putting too much pressure on one side of the cpu. I switched to the stock Intel cooler and it was fixed. the cooler I was using was the Cooler Master 212 EVO. I haven't reattached it since. I'm thinking of going to a water cooler.

Its with the stock cooler. ;/

I have a hyper T4 that I got as a gift and I was planning on putting it as soon as I got a new case(CM690III), but now my money focus is on buying a new motherboard.

One of the bad things of living here is that electronics are always outdated and too expensive even more now that we are facing an economic and political crisis.

Well... Back to motherboards.

It seems that the biggest electronics retailers here doesn't sell H87 mobos anymore so I'm thinking on buying an Z97.

The cheapest ATX that matches my future build color-scheme(black, blue and silver) I could find was an AsRock Z97 Extreme3.

Any thoughts on it? Any suggestion of other motherboards?

EDIT: Couldn't find my RAM Module(CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) on the Memory Support List. Will it work anyway or do I need to look for another board?

Its with the stock cooler. ;/

I have a hyper T4 that I got as a gift and I was planning on putting it as soon as I got a new case(CM690III), but now my money focus is on buying a new motherboard.

One of the bad things of living here is that electronics are always outdated and too expensive even more now that we are facing an economic and political crisis.

Well... Back to motherboards.

It seems that the biggest electronics retailers here doesn't sell H87 mobos anymore so I'm thinking on buying an Z97.

The cheapest ATX that matches my future build color-scheme(black, blue and silver) I could find was an AsRock Z97 Extreme3.

Any thoughts on it? Any suggestion of other motherboards?

EDIT: Couldn't find my RAM Module(CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10) on the Memory Support List. Will it work anyway or do I need to look for another board?

Can't help you there, and sorry to hear about your countries issues too.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

Spoiler

Kraken

It's OK, I've made another thread and they said that just being DDR3 is enough for compatibility.

Matching the mobo supported ram frequencies, of course.