Sudden disappearance of Windows Partition

RazeG3SG1

I have an OCZ Vertex 450 128GB that has a Windows 8.1 Pro installed on it. It was working a few hours ago, pretty sure I had it shut down properly and I did not install any updates for weeks already.

When I turn my PC back on just now, I couldn't even boot into Windows, the UEFI is not even detected in the BIOS! I tried using my Windows 8.1 installation drive to refresh, but it says my drive is locked, unlock it and try again. After Googling, I found out that by doing Chkdsk it might work, unfortunately for me, it appears that my whole Windows partition is GONE! The EFI, the main all missing.

I went into the installation disk again and attempted to install Windows 8.1 Pro, I couldn't install it as it display this error code 0x80300002. I went to Ubuntu Gnome and ran a SMART test from Disk utility with it passing. I just couldn't understand how the drive can just simply locked itself out.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this? I even heard some absurd speculation that this is some sort of security mechanism deployed by SSDs that automatically encrypt and wipe all data when it is nearing its failure.

I'd hook it up to a working pc via sata to usb adapter and rescue the data off it and format it

DISPLAYS: LG 27UL500 IPS 4k60hz + HDR and LG 27GL650F IPS 1080p 144hz + HDR

LAPTOP: Lenovo Legion 5 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H GPU: RTX 3070 8GB RAM: 16GB 3200MHz (2x8GB DDR4) STORAGE: 1TB Crucial P5 NVMe SSD + 2TB Samsung 970 evo plus NVMe SSD DISPLAY: 1080p 165hz IPS OS: Windows 10 Pro x64

I have an OCZ Vertex 450 128GB that has a Windows 8.1 Pro installed on it. It was working a few hours ago, pretty sure I had it shut down properly and I did not install any updates for weeks already.

When I turn my PC back on just now, I couldn't even boot into Windows, the UEFI is not even detected in the BIOS! I tried using my Windows 8.1 installation drive to refresh, but it says my drive is locked, unlock it and try again. After Googling, I found out that by doing Chkdsk it might work, unfortunately for me, it appears that my whole Windows partition is GONE! The EFI, the main all missing.

I went into the installation disk again and attempted to install Windows 8.1 Pro, I couldn't install it as it display this error code 0x80300002. I went to Ubuntu Gnome and ran a SMART test from Disk utility with it passing. I just couldn't understand how the drive can just simply locked itself out.

Anyone has any idea on how to fix this? I even heard some absurd speculation that this is some sort of security mechanism deployed by SSDs that automatically encrypt and wipe all data when it is nearing its failure.

THE OLDER OCZ drives have a lot of failures, there are many reviews on forum were people said that over the night their whole OCZ SSD got wiped, but those were 3+ year old drives

I'd hook it up to a working pc via sata to usb adapter and rescue the data off it and format it

I don't have any data on it, so I'm more focused on fixing it now.

THE OLDER OCZ drives have a lot of failures, there are many reviews on forum were people said that over the night their whole OCZ SSD got wiped, but those were 3+ year old drives

I'm aware of that, but I'm still trying to see if my drive is indeed 100% dead.