Rate My Build~

TRA018RON

Is this a good Pc Build? Please give suggestion for the parts that i have used? I would like to cut some cost but not afraid to pay the original price. 

Here the Part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/CGmqFT

This is my first time building a pc. 
This pc will be a gaming one and a little bit of video recording and editing.

-Thank you !

What do you plan to do with that CPU OC-wise?  I ask because that cooler may be overkill for example if you're not planning to OC

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Im Planning to Oc at 4.5ghz, btw not gonna OC the gpu. Thanks for the psu recomendation!  what the benefits of the R9 390 over the gtx 970?

Im Planning to Oc at 4.5ghz, btw not gonna OC the gpu. Thanks for the psu recomendation!  what the benefits of the R9 390 over the gtx 970?

I'm not usually one to recommend AMD, but I think the benefit here is perf/$ if I'm not mistaken

Ans as for the cooler, you're probably on track with water cooling then

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

the 380 would be a gr8 choose because i beleive you can get high gpu ram with sli but thats if you go sli but anyway its still a solid card i'm planning on buying one myself

the 380 would be a gr8 choose because i beleive you can get high gpu ram with sli but thats if you go sli but anyway its still a solid card i'm planning on buying one myself

Not sure I fully understand... the 380 is an AMD card and thus uses CrossFire, not SLI, and when using SLI, VRAM is not additive

$1516:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.99 @ Newegg Canada)
CPU Cooler: Enermax ETS-N30-TAA 50.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.64 @ Amazon Canada)
Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($74.98 @ NCIX)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($114.99 @ NCIX)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($108.39 @ Vuugo)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.75 @ Vuugo)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($451.98 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.95 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.56 @ DirectCanada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Total: $1491.15
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-06 02:15 EDT-0400

Not sure I fully understand... the 380 is an AMD card and thus uses CrossFire, not SLI, and when using SLI, VRAM is not additive

i knew it wasnt sli i just couldnt remember what it was

Is this a good Pc Build? Please give suggestion for the parts that i have used? I would like to cut some cost but not afraid to pay the original price. 

Here the Part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/CGmqFT

This is my first time building a pc. 

This pc will be a gaming one and a little bit of video recording and editing.

-Thank you !

im not really a fan of corsair powersupply go with a seasonic or some other reputable brand. Otherwise build looks good

I would go for the xeon route but i really want the OC option. I would not mind the extra cost of the 4790k. I have also change the Psu, to a Evga.

And any mouse and keyboard suggestions??

$1740

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($433.63 @ Vuugo)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($159.00 @ Vuugo)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($82.99 @ NCIX)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($109.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Storage: Crucial BX100 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($110.50 @ Amazon Canada)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.94 @ DirectCanada)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($439.99 @ Newegg Canada)
Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.95 @ Vuugo)
Power Supply: SeaSonic EVO Edition 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($116.56 @ DirectCanada)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64-bit)  ($107.92 @ shopRBC)
Total: $1710.47
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-07 14:55 EDT-0400