Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal Is Reached

wyattzx

That's a simple one.

Barack Hussein Obama

Nah, he's just a pawn. There must be someone else operating in the open and totally innocent looking.

Nah, he's just a pawn. There must be someone else operating in the open and totally innocent looking.

He's the one in the US that's been pushing this through. Sure there's a puppet master above him, but we'll never find out who.

At least, if the NSA keeps neglecting their responsibilities (You know, like OUTING ALL THESE CORRUPT BASTARDS TO THE PUBLIC.)

NSA, I know you are going to read this sooner or later. Just freaking do it, the public will be behind you 100% for outing them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yet another NAFTA that benefits America's rich and harms everyone else.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

That's a simple one.

Corporations

FTFY.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Our small freedom was fun while it lasted. Time to bow-down to our American corporate overlords like our American cousins have been doing for the last half century, all in the name of democracy and capitalism

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Is it really that bad?

basically it gives corporations the ability to sue governments

In hand picked courts outside of the normal judicial system 

It also encourages ISP's to take a much deeper look at your internet eg not just port numbers

But were you go and for how long and what you did

As well as many other bad things read here    and here

On the scale of bad to shit it's about 19 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

FTFY.

They go through Congress as well. Point is, we can't hold corporations accountable for shit, until we start throwing politicians in jail for bribery/corruption

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Apparently the whole "corporations can force laws to be annulled" thing got struck out of TTIP; at least that's the last I heard. The NSA gave EU leaders a whole lot of diplomatic leverage versus the USA :)

Curious why the NSA would do that.  And where did you hear such a thing?

Curious why the NSA would do that. And where did you hear such a thing?

It is fairly well documented that the nsa was spying on national leaders and high-level diplomats :)

I don't have a specific source for the first bit to hand.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The copyright stuff goes both ways, but the other countries can use US laws from what i could gather.

In short, since japan is part of this.

expect A LOT of Anime DL and streaming sites (illegal ones) to get rekt, as the japanese can now sue server owners based on this agreement, even if the offendants server is located outside of Japan...

This also applies to the huge libraries of PS VITA, Nintendo and SNES ROMs out there....

no this is bad i dont want US based trademark laws they are so bad. they want companies to be able to sue the government 

@NonaHexa Follow your own topic to get notifications

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

It is fairly well documented that the nsa was spying on national leaders and high-level diplomats :)

I don't have a specific source for the first bit to hand.

I am completely aware that the NSA is spying on everyone.  I am just curious why the NSA would hand political blackmail materials to foreign governments so that they could strong arm the USA.  Seems like the literal exact opposite of their entire purpose.

I am completely aware that the NSA is spying on everyone.  I am just curious why the NSA would hand political blackmail materials to foreign governments so that they could strong arm the USA.  Seems like the literal exact opposite of their entire purpose.

You misunderstand me.

The NSA spying on top level diplomats and heads of state likely made them less likely to agree on "career-suicide" clauses like "corporations can sue us in a court where the judge and jury are industry insiders and have our environmental and consumer protection laws overturned", and they would use that to strong-arm the US into dropping such propositions from TTIP.

The US Congress is, for example, rushing through legislation giving European consumer data similar protections to US citizen data under the Privacy Act (1974). It has passed the HoR, and is due before the Senate very soon.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

@NonaHexa Follow your own topic to get notifications

I know that. I just didn't bother following this thread, as I didn't need to be notified of replies to what is essentially a discussion thread. If anybody messages me directly, I get a notification for that, and that should be enough.

This appears to basically be NAFTA 2.0 which will be good for the economy, but bad for American workers.

While it removes tariffs on American goods when traded with partner countries, it likewise removes tariffs on goods from those partner countries.  Which means that companies looking to cut costs by outsourcing manufacturing will have no problem setting up shop in one of the partner countries.   We saw a lot of this with NAFTA where many of the manufacturing jobs, especially in the automotive industry, went to Mexico.

The silver lining to this is that China is not part of the agreement and this may shift much of the manufacturing that has left the US for China to instead go to some of the partner countries.  This doesn't help American workers, but it does decrease the amount of power China wields over the U.S.

Europe will really get screwed by this as it creates a trade block that they will have difficulty competing with.  Goods usually obtained from Europe may start to come from member nations. 

no this is bad i dont want US based trademark laws they are so bad. they want companies to be able to sue the government 

Have to put that in perspective, Companies can(and do) already sue governments. Just as individuals can. The problem here is that it involves external tribunals outside of the conventional judiciary of countries.

Edit:

Europe will really get screwed by this as it creates a trade block that they will have difficulty competing with.  Goods usually obtained from Europe may start to come from member nations. 

Only if TTIP completely collapses(which is unlikely).

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W