Trans-Pacific Partnership Trade Deal Is Reached

wyattzx

The United States, Japan and 10 other Pacific basin nations on Monday agreed after years of negotiations to the largest regional trade accord in history, an economic pact envisioned as a bulwark against China’s power and a standard-setter for global commerce, worker rights and environmental protection.

[sOURCE]

I haven't read up on this a whole ton, but I have seen it mentioned quite a lot here, and around the internet, especially relating to copyright, and how much control this will give ISPs over the internet. Apologies if I cannot make a well-informed opinion, as per the rules of this section, but I haven't seen it posted yet.

were all fucked 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

were all fucked 

Is it really that bad?

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

All in vain, China is almost at their peak of power and they are very silent for now. That will change of course.

Cosmic Council Department of Defense ; Interplanetary Class 3 Relations & Diplomatic Affairs - OFFICE 117

Is it really that bad?

a while ago me and my friend were discussing how bad it could be, but this was quite a while ago and i don't remember enough to feel confident to post anything but from what i remember its pretty bad 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Is it really that bad?

The US get's a lot of revenue from foreign trade coming into the country and given our debt this revenue is needed

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

were all fucked 

From what I understand, If you are in the US, nothing changes for you.  Other countries are the ones getting screwed.

From what I understand, If you are in the US, nothing changes for you.  Other countries are the ones getting screwed.

hey man, i care about the other guys too, isnt there some copy right shit behind it? 

hey man, i care about the other guys too, isnt there some copy right shit behind it? 

From what I understand, it basically imposes our (USA) copyright and IP laws onto our new partners.  And grants corporations all kinds of power, similar to the TTIP that the EU is arguing over with us right now.

It will be not good for us (citizens of the US), and worse to really bad for others.

a while ago me and my friend were discussing how bad it could be, but this was quite a while ago and i don't remember enough to feel confident to post anything but from what i remember its pretty bad 

The US get's a lot of revenue from foreign trade coming into the country and given our debt this revenue is needed

Soo mhmm I still don't really understand if this is good for the whole population in general, or just the US...

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

Might want to read through it again. It would end over 18,000 tariffs on US products and then some.

Might want to read through it again. It would over 18,000 tariffs on US products and then some.

would add??  or remove??  I haven't really looked too much into it. 

From my understanding of global and national politics, this is happening whether I like it or not.  Only thing that will change the current power structure is a revolution, and we (the US) aren't ready for that just yet.

Edit:  Just did some reading, it removes 18,000 tariffs on US products.  Which is good for the US.  So the new TPP seems to benefit the US and the rich.

were all fucked 

I don't think it is that bad. If I recall, China was 'threatening' Australia and that area by sending naval ships. This at least shows that the US will step in if something happens. Also what is wrong with trading with other nations?

Guys the have finalized negotiations, now it has to be voted on by legislators I believe so they haven't won yet.

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900X – Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi  – RAM: 4 x 16 GB G. Skill Trident Z @ 3200mhz- GPU: ASUS  Strix Geforce GTX 1080ti– Case: Phankteks Enthoo Pro M – Storage: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo, 1TB Intel 800p, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB & WD Blue 1 TB PSU: EVGA 1000P2– Display(s): ASUS PB238Q, AOC 4k, Korean 1440p 144hz Monitor - Cooling: NH-U12S, 2 gentle typhoons and 3 noiseblocker eloops – Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB Mouse: G502 Rgb & G Pro Wireless– Sound: Logitech z623 & AKG K240

Is it really that bad?

Well, they sign agreements of laws that normal people and most politicians cannot read. Basically it's a treaty for the Transatlantic trade, however some analysts and published files say that deal is in reality ACTA 2.0. Hiding a treaty like that to people is basically anti democratic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnC1mqyAXmw

From what I understand, it basically imposes our (USA) copyright and IP laws onto our new partners.  And grants corporations all kinds of power, similar to the TTIP that the EU is arguing over with us right now.

It will be not good for us (citizens of the US), and worse to really bad for others.

Apparently the whole "corporations can force laws to be annulled" thing got struck out of TTIP; at least that's the last I heard. The NSA gave EU leaders a whole lot of diplomatic leverage versus the USA :)

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

@NoobsWeStand : Nope because it is presented as a transatlantic treaty between countries and not simple laws, only governments can say yes or no.

Are the people not allowed to vote on this?

Why would we? I mean it's not like the government is supposed to have our best interests at heart.

Oh....wait a second.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Congress will vote on it, and there is a group of BOTH Democrats and Republicans opposed to this agreement.

For WHY this is bad, go look at NAFTA and tell me how that turned out.  When you have a giant trade agreement between tons of nations with differing wages, costs of living, and cost to just be there, it's a giant clusterfuck.

were all fucked 

God damn it, I was going to say that, because we are fucked.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

For the US at least, why would we be? We're a Republic. :P

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

So, this is how Trade Federation came to be... I wonder who the "Senator Palpatine" is in this case.

That's a simple one.

Barack Hussein Obama

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I don't think it is that bad. If I recall, China was 'threatening' Australia and that area by sending naval ships. This at least shows that the US will step in if something happens. Also what is wrong with trading with other nations?

I'm pretty sure treaties like ANZUS do that job a lot better than a trade agreement.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W